Price In Court For Speeding

Price In Court For Speeding

There are 43 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Price In Court For Speeding. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

UConn basketball player A.J. Price appeared at Superior Court in Rockville on Wednesday to face three motor vehicle violations and was given a continuance to next Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Retired-Cop

Westfield, MA

#1 Feb 19, 2009
He should have went to court and missed the game.Does his mommy and Coach Calhoun wipe his ass for him too?
Retired-Cop

Westfield, MA

#2 Feb 19, 2009
He should have went to court and missed the game. Does his mommy and Coach Calhoun wipe his a$$ for him too?
lighten up

Hartford, CT

#3 Feb 19, 2009
knowing cops he was probably not speeding and they just pulled over a young adult simply because it was 230 in the morning.
JJP in CT

Addison, TX

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Retired-Cop wrote:
He should have went to court and missed the game.Does his mommy and Coach Calhoun wipe his **** for him too?
Thank God you are retired. You were probably a real jerk when you were on the job.

Let me guess. Overweight, manned speed traps while shoving down donuts
and never did any real police work that involved making an effort.
Oh no yea

New York, NY

#5 Feb 19, 2009
lighten up wrote:
knowing cops he was probably not speeding and they just pulled over a young adult simply because it was 230 in the morning.
They should do it more often.
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#6 Feb 19, 2009
lighten up wrote:
knowing cops he was probably not speeding and they just pulled over a young adult simply because it was 230 in the morning.
yeah, thats probably the case.
Paul

Morristown, NJ

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Just another reason not to like UCONN. Calhoun was by this kid's side when he almost died and then Price rewards him with stealing laptops and lying about it and now this incident. People wonder why so many people in CT are UCONN'd out and this is a good example.
Retired cop too

Hartford, CT

#8 Feb 19, 2009
Boy, thanks so verty much for reporting such a monster story. I couldn't have slept tonight knowing that such a serious crime went unreported. To the morons who always blame the police, I pity your ignorance about what policework is really like. To the courant, keep festering bad feelings by reporting insignificant stories....way to justify your existence!
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#9 Feb 19, 2009
Paul wrote:
Just another reason not to like UCONN. Calhoun was by this kid's side when he almost died and then Price rewards him with stealing laptops and lying about it and now this incident. People wonder why so many people in CT are UCONN'd out and this is a good example.
What incident? this is not a big deal. he didnt know his lisence was suspended..its happened to me before.
lighten up

Hartford, CT

#10 Feb 19, 2009
Oh no yea wrote:
<quoted text>
They should do it more often.
Yeah you are right they should illegally pull someone over more often, hey why don't you become president I am sure everyone would just love to have you as their leader.
lighten up

Hartford, CT

#11 Feb 19, 2009
Paul wrote:
Just another reason not to like UCONN. Calhoun was by this kid's side when he almost died and then Price rewards him with stealing laptops and lying about it and now this incident. People wonder why so many people in CT are UCONN'd out and this is a good example.
Actually the laptop incident was before he had health problems. Your right though it is good to pass judgement when you have no idea what you are talking about.
JJP in CT

Addison, TX

#12 Feb 19, 2009
Retired cop too wrote:
Boy, thanks so verty much for reporting such a monster story. I couldn't have slept tonight knowing that such a serious crime went unreported. To the morons who always blame the police, I pity your ignorance about what policework is really like. To the courant, keep festering bad feelings by reporting insignificant stories....way to justify your existence!
Sorry to offend you but c'mon, just as in any occupation there are good ones and bad ones. Some work hard and some are just looking towards the end of their shift. Retired Cop in Springfield comment was sarcastic, stupid and thoughtless. He obviously has an agenda.
Kathy

Glastonbury, CT

#13 Feb 19, 2009
Retired-Cop wrote:
He should have went to court and missed the game.Does his mommy and Coach Calhoun wipe his **** for him too?
He should have "went"?- how embarrassing - learn your grammar.
Marcus

Derwood, MD

#14 Feb 19, 2009
Blah... blah... blah... How many of you natural-born hypocrites wake up with wings on your back and refer to St. Peter as "Boss man?"

Beat USF, Marquette and ND and hope for a different outcome at Pitt, and we might be looking at another #1 seed for the Mighty Husky.

Slow down A.J.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2009
Why is it always the cops fault? If he (indeed) was speeding - he should have been stopped. What if he was on alcohal, and someone got killed? What if he was running away from a robbery or a drug charge? Whatever the reason, more speeders and other violaters should be stopped. By his own emmision he got stopped and got caught without proper papers. He had one encounter - you'd think he learned, but, no he is the man, He'll have his momma take care of matters.Isn't there a curfew for athletes? It's not UCONNS problem. Book em Danno. Calhoun suspend him for the rest of the season, he's giving you a bad name. Of coarse the NBA will be happy to have him, let him go.HE'S A DISTRACTION. You are too special of a Coach - to keep losers. GOOD LUCK J. C. FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
pony up

Newington, CT

#16 Feb 19, 2009
pony up and pay for your role model ct tax payers. you know these atheletes are necessary to the survival of our state schools.
JJP in CT

Addison, TX

#17 Feb 19, 2009
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Why is it always the cops fault? If he (indeed) was speeding - he should have been stopped. What if he was on alcohal, and someone got killed? What if he was running away from a robbery or a drug charge? Whatever the reason, more speeders and other violaters should be stopped. By his own emmision he got stopped and got caught without proper papers. He had one encounter - you'd think he learned, but, no he is the man, He'll have his momma take care of matters.Isn't there a curfew for athletes? It's not UCONNS problem. Book em Danno. Calhoun suspend him for the rest of the season, he's giving you a bad name. Of coarse the NBA will be happy to have him, let him go.HE'S A DISTRACTION. You are too special of a Coach - to keep losers. GOOD LUCK J. C. FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
You sound more like someone who has an anger problem than a concerned citizen.
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#18 Feb 19, 2009
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Why is it always the cops fault? If he (indeed) was speeding - he should have been stopped. What if he was on alcohal, and someone got killed? What if he was running away from a robbery or a drug charge? Whatever the reason, more speeders and other violaters should be stopped. By his own emmision he got stopped and got caught without proper papers. He had one encounter - you'd think he learned, but, no he is the man, He'll have his momma take care of matters.Isn't there a curfew for athletes? It's not UCONNS problem. Book em Danno. Calhoun suspend him for the rest of the season, he's giving you a bad name. Of coarse the NBA will be happy to have him, let him go.HE'S A DISTRACTION. You are too special of a Coach - to keep losers. GOOD LUCK J. C. FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
curfew? He was driving BACK TO CAMPUS after they played a game at Notre Dame. The flight got in late at night.
lighten up

Hartford, CT

#19 Feb 19, 2009
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Why is it always the cops fault? If he (indeed) was speeding - he should have been stopped. What if he was on alcohal, and someone got killed? What if he was running away from a robbery or a drug charge? Whatever the reason, more speeders and other violaters should be stopped. By his own emmision he got stopped and got caught without proper papers. He had one encounter - you'd think he learned, but, no he is the man, He'll have his momma take care of matters.Isn't there a curfew for athletes? It's not UCONNS problem. Book em Danno. Calhoun suspend him for the rest of the season, he's giving you a bad name. Of coarse the NBA will be happy to have him, let him go.HE'S A DISTRACTION. You are too special of a Coach - to keep losers. GOOD LUCK J. C. FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
So anyone who is driving that late at night is automatically drunk? All I am saying is I have been a target of this as well I was actually driving under the speed limit and completely sober driving home from my girlfriends and I got pulled over for not having a luminated lisence plate and got interrogated and my car searched. When I got home what do you know the light was not out on my lisence plate. This has happened a number of times.
XYZ

Winsted, CT

#20 Feb 19, 2009
22 years old and needs his mamma to fix things up for him. Not a good ad for UCONN, especially one using up a scholarship, that a deserving kid could use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web