Austrie A Light Amid Storm

Mar 27, 2009 Read more: Hartford Courant 6
GLENDALE, Ariz. - A.J. Price, as good a talker as anybody who has passed through the athletic halls of UConn , was talking about Craig Austrie's smile. Read more
UCAlum

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 27, 2009
Of all the players in recent years, Craig is my favorite. He's an in-state boy who wasn't wanted until he was NEEDED and all he's ever done for our good ole state U is win. Unrecruited, constantly doubted (in and out of the starting lineup shows DOUBTS, Coach), never really appreciated, he has always come through. He is a rock, a peter on which to build the team.

Craig, may you be blessed and get your degree and have a nice career playing ball, too. Of all these players, you will be the most missed.
[people like to talk about "lunch pail" players... Craig doesn't bring his lunch pail, he brings the whole buffet. Every time.]
roberttherugguyr aleigh

Raleigh, NC

#2 Mar 27, 2009
Kalid had Ricky, Ben had Talik, A.J. has Craig.
Chris

Westwood, MA

#3 Mar 27, 2009
If anyone thinks the allegations of recruiting violations bothers the UConn players even the slightest - and I mean you Jacobs. You have no idea what any of these players have delt with during their lives. Take your "feel good" story elsewhere. Just stick with your attack stories so we all can continue to despise you
vinlee

New Britain, CT

#4 Mar 27, 2009
And yet yesterday Jeff you were beating the drum to take down Uconn!

Since: Feb 09

New York, NY

#5 Mar 27, 2009
JJ: Great choice for your subject. You mentioned the negative story -- because intellectual honesty and credibility required it. But you didn't belabor it. Instead, praised a special kid who played a super game. When Craig hit his three in the second half, it became clear that this team will play on Saturday.

Very nice story.

Best,
Jamie
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#6 Mar 27, 2009
I'm glad Craig had a good game. UConn needs someone besides A.J that can hit big perimeter shots...Hopefully, his confidence is back completely.

I heard Craig is in love and engaged. Good for him, but that can negatively affect basketball performance and focus. I have seen it happen to people throughout my own high school and college career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web