No. 2 UConn Men Step Up With 94-61 Ro...

No. 2 UConn Men Step Up With 94-61 Rout Of Providence

There are 16 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 31, 2009, titled No. 2 UConn Men Step Up With 94-61 Rout Of Providence. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A.J. Price scored a game-high 19 points, including the 1,000th of his career, and Hasheem Thabeet had the seventh triple-double in UConn history as the second-ranked Huskies crushed Big East rival Providence ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

thetruth

Nashua, NH

#1 Jan 31, 2009
ANOTHER dominating performance and huge big east win for the huskies? Where the jealous insignificant low life losers? Where are the thabeet haters? Absolute domination.
DCHusky

Washington, DC

#2 Jan 31, 2009
How great was that? Oh I l-o-v-e beating Providence. Just like old times. Too bad we don't have BC to kick around anymore, too.

No mystery of this one. Without a doubt, the most satisfying win of the year. The second half was like eating Thanksgiving dinner -- too much of a good thing.

Now, gotta focus on Louisville. Who let them into the Big East, anyway?

Since: Mar 08

Gloucester, MA

#3 Jan 31, 2009
The real test comes this Monday at Louisville. UConn is sure to face a hostile crowd and a motivated Louisville team who would like nothing better than to make UConn's top ranking a short lived one.
lol

Medford, NY

#4 Jan 31, 2009
DonCC wrote:
The real test comes this Monday at Louisville. UConn is sure to face a hostile crowd and a motivated Louisville team who would like nothing better than to make UConn's top ranking a short lived one.
the real test? when does it not become the real test, week after week people like you keep on saying wait till the next game the real test, well sorry to say it but Uconn keeps on winning these real tests which is probably why they will be #1 next week
twomiler

Southington, CT

#5 Jan 31, 2009
UConn's stay at No.1 may be short-lived because of Louisville. But it matters not. UConn will probably face Louisville twice more, when it counts, in the Big East tourney and NCAA tourney. Both teams have Final Four talent and ambitions. Let's see who has game in March.
FriarFan

Warwick, RI

#6 Jan 31, 2009
Before they broke into their 'We're No. 1' chant, those witty Huskies fans make sure to chant 'How's your father' to Weyinmi Effajuku at the free throw line.... for those not paying attention, his dad passed away a couple of weeks ago.

Class...
Good win

Meriden, CT

#7 Jan 31, 2009
Nice to see them put away a good team and make them stop hustling...this is the first time they really broke the will of a good team all year...of course they did that to Cinn last year and then lost to WVU and SD in back to back choke jobs...great job today...on to Lou..no pressure but if they lose at lou they are down 2 to them and the tie breaker with 8 games left...must win if they want a chance at the big east title outright...
UConn Student

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#8 Jan 31, 2009
FriarFan wrote:
Before they broke into their 'We're No. 1' chant, those witty Huskies fans make sure to chant 'How's your father' to Weyinmi Effajuku at the free throw line.... for those not paying attention, his dad passed away a couple of weeks ago.
Class...
I am a die-hard UConn fan. I am very happy about this win over a quality opponent. I heard several "How's your brother" chants aimed towards Xavier. I did not catch the other one, but maybe got them confused. However, they were probably chanted "How's your brother" to Xavier when the other guy was on the line. However, if they were chanting "How's your father", then I agree with you that it is sick. If it is the case I apologize for their behavior. I do also want to point out that not all UConn fans are like that, and I'm sure that some got confused with the "Where's your brother" chant.
yeh

Medford, NY

#9 Jan 31, 2009
Good win wrote:
Nice to see them put away a good team and make them stop hustling...this is the first time they really broke the will of a good team all year...of course they did that to Cinn last year and then lost to WVU and SD in back to back choke jobs...great job today...on to Lou..no pressure but if they lose at lou they are down 2 to them and the tie breaker with 8 games left...must win if they want a chance at the big east title outright...
somewhat i dont think marquette will be able to beat a Uconn, Pitt, Louisville team and dont think they will win the big east but certainly beating louisville will be huge for Uconn,i think Uconn def has a chance to do it
mike

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#10 Jan 31, 2009
they were chanting "where's your brother?" even when the other providence players were at the line. im pretty sure you heard that wrong
MIKE ANTHONY

East Hampton, CT

#11 Jan 31, 2009
If I were Mike, I think I would ratchet-up my game performance. I would spend five additional minutes proof-reading
my article before submitting to my editor. I would also hope I had an editor who actually might randomly edit to improve the quality of my work. But this just does not happen at the Hartford Courant, they lack the skill set of the UConn teams they cover. TIME TO IMPROVE THEIR GAME!
Big John

Manchester, CT

#12 Jan 31, 2009
UConn Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a die-hard UConn fan. I am very happy about this win over a quality opponent. I heard several "How's your brother" chants aimed towards Xavier. I did not catch the other one, but maybe got them confused. However, they were probably chanted "How's your brother" to Xavier when the other guy was on the line.
There was no such "father" chant. Just a PC troll hitting all the boards to deflect the fact that his team quit with 10 minutes left in the game
Luke

United States

#13 Jan 31, 2009
thetruth wrote:
ANOTHER dominating performance and huge big east win for the huskies? Where the jealous insignificant low life losers? Where are the thabeet haters? Absolute domination.
LOL...My god man...take your meds !!
Sarah

East Longmeadow, MA

#14 Jan 31, 2009
What a bunch of douchebags those Providence fans are.

The UConn students were CLEARLY chanting "WHERE'S YOUR BROTHER?" to Xavier in reference to the incident that happened last week.

The fact you Providence fans are trying to lie to deflect from the ass whooping you got is pathetic. No one in there right mind would taunt someone for their father dying. The fact you even think your team is important enough for us to have even known is father died is also pathetic. I read and heard nothing about his father dying and I doubt any college kids did either.

JUST PATHETIC PC fans. You got owned. Deal with it without having to resort to sympathy lies.
Che Guevara

Chicopee, MA

#15 Jan 31, 2009
To the thetruth: Stanley Robinson is still a useless bum and he should go back to the factory or hotwiring '74 Novas with King Eddie in genpop at Somers.

Sincerely,

A useless board troll
Eddie C

United States

#16 Jan 31, 2009
Che Guevara wrote:
To the thetruth: Stanley Robinson is still a useless bum and he should go back to the factory or hotwiring '74 Novas with King Eddie in genpop at Somers.
Sincerely,
A useless board troll
Even as a"useless bum" he will end up doing more with his life than you could ever hope for. What does that make you? Loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web