UConn Men Play For Big East Title

Full story: Hartford Courant

The Huskies have won at Louisville, at Marquette, in front of a wild, pro-Gonzaga crowd of nearly 20,000 in Seattle.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2009
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Plainville, CT

#1 Mar 7, 2009
The comment by Jermaine Dixon doesn't sound like a play fair game. It sounds like there is going to be some (deliberate) elbows, pushing, and hurting players. I hope not. Officials need to be fair and call the rough stuff from the beginning., and not just a foul, but, ejected is the key word to warn the players. So lets play ball and have fun and may the best team win. Good luck guys.
lets play

Meriden, CT

#2 Mar 7, 2009
Enough dissecting of this game. Criticizing Uconn as soft or Pitt as thugs is proof some mental problem. The week off has left nothing but time to over analyze this one. We have a 27-2 v. 26-3 team, both playing in the hardest conference in America. Nobody matter what happens they both are good already. They both have won hard games against good teams. Uconn beat 5 of the current top 25 (at Lou, at Marq, at Sea v Zags, Nova & Cuse) Pitt has beat 4 of the current top 25 (Marq, at Uconn, Cuse and Fsu). Unc is only team with as much as 4 wins against the top 25 (at Duke, Clem, Fsu at Det v Mich St). Ok and Memphis have a combine 3 wins against the current top 25. Now lets see what happens in today and remember at the end of the day it is a big game, but both teams have great things beyond the regular season they want to accomplish. Remember in 2006 when Uconn and Nova were the top teams in the country and they met at Storrs late in the year for "the game of the year." Both of them lost in NYC and both of them lost before the Final 4.
Timster

North Westchester, CT

#3 Mar 7, 2009
Let's not confuse Dixon with Terrell Owens here. He's not talking smack, he's just a hard nose player and competitor. UCONN will match the Pitt toughness today. We've had the week to endure Coach Calhoun's legendary practices. There's no one in the game who can prepare a team better, make the necessary adjustments, etc. than Calhoun. At the end of the day, 27-3 if it happens, in THIS Big East???? Still no need to hemmorage, we'll be ready for the post season. If the refs don't call tick tack I say Hasheem has monster game. I think the outcome of this game is gonna be more backcourt oriented; does Price go off, can Dixon be contained, is Fields really under the weather, if Price is off his numbers does Austrie and (who) Harrison contribute points and D.? Sure Dyson's absence will be tested, but then again, would you really rather have any other guy on the bench pulling the strings on this one, than Calhoun? It's gonna be a GREAT one. Win or lose, we'll take a lot from this one, and put in under our belt for the Big Dance!!!!!
Tom

Hartford, CT

#4 Mar 7, 2009
LET'S GO! I can not wait for this game!!! 1 hour 37 minutes til tip off!!!

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#5 Mar 7, 2009
It's a big one alright, Calhoun is a very good big game coach and this is certainly a big one. Go Huskies! starts in 10 minutes!
Tony from Cromwell

United States

#6 Mar 7, 2009
Jimma " Not a Dime " Baboon,
Your guys got punked out for a 2nd straight time to Pitt. I can not fathom for the life of me with the Big East Championshiop on the line your team came out that flat. Not for a few moments, but for practically the whole game. I smelling a high seed for the NCAA's, but predicting an early exit. She we start mentioning you for the Kentucky job. You may have run your course. Karl Hobbs where are you ???
Timster

East Glastonbury, CT

#7 Mar 18, 2009
Tony from Cromwell wrote:
Jimma " Not a Dime " Baboon,
Your guys got punked out for a 2nd straight time to Pitt. I can not fathom for the life of me with the Big East Championshiop on the line your team came out that flat. Not for a few moments, but for practically the whole game. I smelling a high seed for the NCAA's, but predicting an early exit. She we start mentioning you for the Kentucky job. You may have run your course. Karl Hobbs where are you ???
What You're "smelling" is yourself moron, take a shower!!!! You can towel off with that fictitious "Masters Degree" you supposedly received...... LOFL .......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

A.J. Price People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••