UConn's Confidence Forged By Adversity

Full story: Hartford Courant

There wasn't a wild celebration in the UConn locker room Saturday at the Wachovia Center.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Rocky Hill, Ct

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Timster wrote:
<quoted text> More proof why I call you "Cybil" you moron, with your flip-flop, backhanded compliments etc. I guess either the meds are working a little better or you're afraid we're gonna win it all you "follower", and you don't want to be left off the bandwagon. Let's see, you were quoted as "Go Chattanooga, then Go Aggies", now you acknowledge the boys got their swagger back. You need a backhand!! The UCONN nation doesn't need any more fair weather friends like you "Cybil". Go crawl back under your rock. GO HUSKIES!!!
Uconn fans and fair weather fans are almost synonymous with one another. Uconn fans can't be found unless their record is good.
Marcus

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Pathetic.
ed l

Woodbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

i agree that thabeet being a naismith candiate is a joke. he's over-hyped , overrated, and plays soft. the team increased their lead when he was on the bench.
Mike McManus

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Bertie_16 wrote:
Boilermaker96 is right about one thing. Huskie fans can't accept criticism about their team. But lets be honest, Purdue probably doesn't stand a chance against Uconn. The style of BIG Ten basketball will get eaten up by the Huskies. The Huskies will be in trouble when they play a more athletic team and a team with some big men. Thaabet turns into an average player when he plays against someone skilled won low.
I disagree. Purdue is the best defensive team in the Big 10 and Kramer, their guard will give AJ fits, ie unless a few other people step up. Purdue plays the same shut-down defense as does UCONN; the difference will be how Thabeet does against Johnson, their big man, and if he stays out of foul trouble.

Since: Mar 09

Rocky Hill, Ct

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Mike McManus wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Purdue is the best defensive team in the Big 10 and Kramer, their guard will give AJ fits, ie unless a few other people step up. Purdue plays the same shut-down defense as does UCONN; the difference will be how Thabeet does against Johnson, their big man, and if he stays out of foul trouble.
The best of anything in the Big Ten isn't saying much.
Tony from Cromwell

Ansonia, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Marcus wrote:
Pathetic.
Marcus --- Buddy you're back. We thought you got our hint and started blogging on the Potomac Post or the Gaithersburg Gazette. Is it quiet in mommy's basement today ??

“Concerned citizen”

Since: Oct 07

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Can't Timster and Tony from Cromwell take their sniping somewhere else? Who wants to read any of their comments to each other? They always appear like they are havibg a lovers spat and it is quite annoying. Keep it to yourselves kids! Is there any way these two can be banned from Courant posts?

Since: Jan 09

Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

andrea - west htfd wrote:
Can't Timster and Tony from Cromwell take their sniping somewhere else? Who wants to read any of their comments to each other? They always appear like they are havibg a lovers spat and it is quite annoying. Keep it to yourselves kids! Is there any way these two can be banned from Courant posts?
I agree. There should be a Kiddy Korner so the grownups can talk.

It won't happen, though. Just like children, they like the attention.
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Tony from Cromwell wrote:
The Huskies have their swagger back, which bodes well for them. I thought Jimma "Not a Dime " Baboon looked good for a guy who had just been released from the hospital. Just a thought however, I wonder who his undertaker is ?? Timster ' The Spinster" your real " LAME "
GO HUSKIES !!!
<quoted text>
Backhand Huh ?? You must be talking to your wife --Tough Guy.
Sorry Timster--- Your Boyfriend.
<quoted text>
Marcus --- Buddy you're back. We thought you got our hint and started blogging on the Potomac Post or the Gaithersburg Gazette. Is it quiet in mommy's basement today ??
" 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
keith

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

thabeet has 50 lbs and 5 inches on johnson. in other words, thabeet will be able to exert his presence.

purdue has no chance thursday.

“Concerned citizen”

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Timster wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT !! Don't speak until your spoken to.
Listen you little snotnose, learn some manners or go elsewhere with your nonsense. Too many of us are tired of your annoying useless comments. Get lost.
Timster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Andrea my dear,the other post was not done by me, I have no agenda other than to post about Uconn hoops which I'm a big fan, and of Jim Calhoun. That's what I thought these posts would be like until I ran into the moron that I label "Cybil" who posts under numerous tags Frank, HaHa, Cameo, Racous, Saddam etc etc. I would welcome a policing of these types of blogs. Until then I will remain just a foot-soldier in General Calhoun's Army. I LOVE this team and their chances to go all the way. Now do you know where I stand?
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
Listen you little snotnose, learn some manners or go elsewhere with your nonsense. Too many of us are tired of your annoying useless comments. Get lost.
Really, you're stooping to the level of those of whom you speak when you throw out insults like that. It doesn't really look good when you call someone a "little snotnose" and then turn around and tell them to "learn some manners" and "get lost". Surely you don't think that lobbing out a petty insult falls under the category of good manners. Sure, the comments made by those two are petty and out of line, but you certainly aren't helping matters.
Not a dime bag

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Bertie -- firt time poster/long time reader?? thanks for post. Hopefully Hash learned from the two previous losses to Pitt.
Bertie_16 wrote:
Boilermaker96 is right about one thing. Huskie fans can't accept criticism about their team. But lets be honest, Purdue probably doesn't stand a chance against Uconn. The style of BIG Ten basketball will get eaten up by the Huskies. The Huskies will be in trouble when they play a more athletic team and a team with some big men. Thaabet turns into an average player when he plays against someone skilled won low.
Great Year

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Yea, Blair has been consistent? I have seen him with as many poor games as Thabeet and I have seen only about 10 Pitt games (against Nova, PC, Uconn the second time, etc). Plus he is not a defensive presence at all.

Hansbourgh scored about 1/3 of his points getting foul calls when he draws contact and gets the call because of his rep as the star of UNC.

To be fair,Blake is hands down the player of the year above the other three, but Blair and Hansbourgh are not a step above Thabeet (he changes so many shots). By the way there are many 7 footers that are "tall" that don't make a difference on the defensive end. I have not seen a player that changes games on the defensive end like Thabeet since Okafor.

As for Uconn you can not critique the first 2 rounds at all. That's how dominate they were. Now to stay consistent, I said after all you jerks called them dead after the Pitt game and again after the Cuse game that one week does not translate to the next week. New week, they need to bring their A game. If Purdue, Memphis and Mizzouri all bring their A game and Uconn does as well Uconn still wins. The only team with as much talent as Uconn is Unc and they have decided to still play no defense. Again in the LSU game both teams were leaving people wide open for threes and not boxing out at all. If Unc does this against a team like Ok they would lose.
nostrildomous

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Yo,

Combover here, Calamari, Pacino, Benign

You shall all meet your daddy!!!
freddy kool

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

fk THEY JUST MIGHT BE TOGETHER?????? LOL
freddy kool

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

fk GO HUSKIES, PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN AND YOU WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE GOLD. I AND UCONN NATION LOVES YOU.....GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!

“Concerned citizen”

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Judged:

freddy kool wrote:
<quoted text>
fk THEY JUST MIGHT BE TOGETHER?????? LOL
Yeh, never thought of that. On any event, they should be banned from posting on Courant sites...
Timster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

<quoted text>
Yeh, never thought of that. On any event, they should be banned from posting on Courant sites...
My dear, I've only posted as one person, Timster, Wallingford. The moron you are responding to posted as Timster, Meriden. His post (I believe #31) has been removed. I wasn't raised to talk down to women as he did to you. As far as the "manners" and me being a "snotnose", well, I'll leave that to your sensibilities to address. My main focus on this blog is to talk about a team that I support, and a coach I think the people of Ct. are damn lucky to have. I think we've been flying under the radar in spite of A.J. and Thabeets notoriety. It's Robinson, Adrien, Edwards, Walker, and Austrie that are the X factors that don't come up in the other team's scouting report. It's my hope that Jonathan Mandledove and John Lindner will each share a pair of scissors in a few weeks to cut down a little twine because this has been a total "Team" effort. What say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent A.J. Price Discussions

Search the A.J. Price Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr 5 BPT 5
UConn men fall in Final Four (Apr '09) Apr 5 BPT 19
Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
•••
•••