UConn's Confidence Forged By Adversity

UConn's Confidence Forged By Adversity

There are 40 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 23, 2009, titled UConn's Confidence Forged By Adversity. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

There wasn't a wild celebration in the UConn locker room Saturday at the Wachovia Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
freddy kool

Palm Coast, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2009
fk GREAT WIN GUYS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GO FOR THE GOLD, I AND UCONN NATION LOVES YOU.

"GO HUSKIES"!!!!!!!!!!
roberttherugguyr aleigh

Wake Forest, NC

#2 Mar 23, 2009
The way A.J. is driving all that is missing is for Walker and Austrie hitting open 3's when he kicks it out and for Hasheem to have quicker hands on some of the close fast passes that are coming low from A.j. 1-2 preseason UNC-UConn, same in the final. Beverly looks great and should get more time asap 1st half next game please.
Husky Fan Forever

Burlington, VT

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Great wins so far! Everything looks good. GO HUSKIES!
Not a dime bag

Newington, CT

#5 Mar 23, 2009
They've looked real good so far. They've looked like a contender. Hopefully they don't put the cart before the horse.
Enough is Enough

East Hartford, CT

#6 Mar 23, 2009
They should handle Purdue. Don't let the big blowouts fool you. They had the 3rd biggest opening round blowout in tourney history. The two teams in front of them didn't make it to the Final 4. They'll need to keep hitting the free throws.
The big joke here is Thabeet being named a Naismith finalist. The other 3 named would all abuse this guy in the low post. Oh Wait one already did.
Boilermaker 96

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2009
Huskie Fans your ride is about to end. Purdue is going to romp the Huskies in the Sweet 16. Living in CT for the last 6 years I've grown accustomed to the fickleness of Husky fans -- the most psycho college B-Ball fans anywhere. On to the the Elite Eight for the Boilermaker's.
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#8 Mar 23, 2009
Boilermaker 96 wrote:
Huskie Fans your ride is about to end. Purdue is going to romp the Huskies in the Sweet 16. Living in CT for the last 6 years I've grown accustomed to the fickleness of Husky fans -- the most psycho college B-Ball fans anywhere. On to the the Elite Eight for the Boilermaker's.
No. UConn will probably win by at least 15. Purdue isn't playing well and UConn is playing better than they have all season. Purdue has no answers for Price and if Thabeet doesn't get in foul trouble, he will also dominate. Purdue is a nice team, but they aren't elite. The game against Memphis or Missouri will be exciting though.
Not a dime bag

Newington, CT

#9 Mar 23, 2009
you're a phoney ... how much money do you want to wager on the game? mmm .. i thought so. get lost prick!
Boilermaker 96 wrote:
thetruth

Hamden, CT

#10 Mar 23, 2009
Boilermaker 96 wrote:
Sweet combover.
Jeffman

Durham, NC

#11 Mar 23, 2009
Looking forward to the game against Purdue on Thursday. UConn, based on their two wins so far has regained some of the swagger that they had before the regular season loss to Pitt; followed by the Big East quarter-final, 6 overtime loss to Syracuse.
What will be crucial for the UConn success against the Boilermakers will be that Hasheem stays out of foul trouble on Thursday. Thabeet simply cannot be related to sitting on the bench, for long segments as he did against A&M Saturday. Purdue has better inside players than the Aggies competing in the rugged,(but over-blown) Big Ten. The other keys will be: Jeff Adrien and A.J. Price continuing their stellar play knowing that this is their last collegiate tournaments as seniors, and that Sticks Robinson will continue to exhibit the type of smart aggressiveness on offense, defense, and on the boards. Lately, when Stanley is playing within himself, it has been proven that he is that extra X factor, and that opposing teams cannot deal with his tremendous athleticism. Above all else, UConn CANNOT look past Purdue, and think instead of a possible elite eight matchup against #2 seed Memphis,(who a lot of so-called prognosticators believe will end up in the Final Four). Sure, UConn will want to prove in the Elite Eight round that they have been deserving of that #1 seed in the West Bracket. But, we've got to get there first!
Finally, have not seen a thread posted in this article by the always clueless Cameo35. The nitwit had, as it turned out, wrongly predicted an early round NCAA exit for UConn, a team that he clearly hates in his moronic rants posted on a weekly basis this season. Perhaps, the humble pie that Cameo's currently eating so far has been like arsenic to his taste buds!
Boilermaker 96

United States

#12 Mar 23, 2009
Not a dime bag wrote:
you're a phoney ... how much money do you want to wager on the game? mmm .. i thought so. get lost ****!
<quoted text>
I don't want to take your welfare check
Hal

Glastonbury, CT

#13 Mar 23, 2009
Hasheem has no business being in the same conversation as the other three. Every time I see him walk down the court I am reminded that he is here simply because of his height and not because of his desire or work ethic.
Timster

Beacon Falls, CT

#14 Mar 23, 2009
Tony from Cromwell wrote:
The Huskies have their swagger back, which bodes well for them. I thought Jimma "Not a Dime " Baboon looked good for a guy who had just been released from the hospital. Just a thought however, I wonder who his undertaker is ?? Timster ' The Spinster" your real " LAME "
GO HUSKIES !!!
More proof why I call you "Cybil" you moron, with your flip-flop, backhanded compliments etc. I guess either the meds are working a little better or you're afraid we're gonna win it all you "follower", and you don't want to be left off the bandwagon. Let's see, you were quoted as "Go Chattanooga, then Go Aggies", now you acknowledge the boys got their swagger back. You need a backhand!! The UCONN nation doesn't need any more fair weather friends like you "Cybil". Go crawl back under your rock. GO HUSKIES!!!
Dennis

United States

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Hal wrote:
Hasheem has no business being in the same conversation as the other three. Every time I see him walk down the court I am reminded that he is here simply because of his height and not because of his desire or work ethic.
seriously? Do you remember Hasheem 2 years ago? He was terrible, I'd venture to say that desire, work ethic, and some top-notch coaching have turned him into a very, very good player
Not a dime bag

Newington, CT

#16 Mar 23, 2009
You'd maybe have an argument if I was on welfare. But I'm not. So where does that leave you? Answer: sputtering idiot on a inter-net message board. Making fake posts about UConn getting "romped" by Purdue. Wow. You're brilliant.
Boilermaker 96 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to take your welfare check
Boilermaker 96

United States

#17 Mar 23, 2009
Hal wrote:
Thank You Hal -- at least there is someone who has some sense in this state. Purdue to the Elite Eight --- here we come BABY. I can hear Dickie V now--- Jimmy Calhoun YOU NEED A T.O. BABY !!!
Bertie_16

Warren, NJ

#18 Mar 23, 2009
Boilermaker96 is right about one thing. Huskie fans can't accept criticism about their team. But lets be honest, Purdue probably doesn't stand a chance against Uconn. The style of BIG Ten basketball will get eaten up by the Huskies. The Huskies will be in trouble when they play a more athletic team and a team with some big men. Thaabet turns into an average player when he plays against someone skilled won low.

Since: Jan 09

Connecticut

#19 Mar 23, 2009
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously? Do you remember Hasheem 2 years ago? He was terrible, I'd venture to say that desire, work ethic, and some top-notch coaching have turned him into a very, very good player
Apparently, the BB Scouts agree.

Speaking of improvement, has anyone else noticed that in the last two games, Thabeet wasn't automatically putting the ball on the floor under the basket?

Having said that, I think Thabeet's head wasn't completely in the last game. It may have had something to do with Coach calling for more offensive action away from the basket so Jeff could become more involved. Seemed to work for JA, but might have thrown TH off stride a little.
Enough is Enough

East Hartford, CT

#20 Mar 23, 2009
Boilermaker 96 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You Hal -- at least there is someone who has some sense in this state. Purdue to the Elite Eight --- here we come BABY. I can hear Dickie V now--- Jimmy Calhoun YOU NEED A T.O. BABY !!!
Yea Hal is right about Thabeet but I don't see Purdue pulling this one off as much as I'd like to see it.
Tony from Cromwell

United States

#21 Mar 23, 2009
Timster wrote:
<quoted text> More proof why I call you "Cybil" you moron, with your flip-flop, backhanded compliments etc. I guess either the meds are working a little better or you're afraid we're gonna win it all you "follower", and you don't want to be left off the bandwagon. Let's see, you were quoted as "Go Chattanooga, then Go Aggies", now you acknowledge the boys got their swagger back. You need a backhand!! The UCONN nation doesn't need any more fair weather friends like you "Cybil". Go crawl back under your rock. GO HUSKIES!!!
Backhand Huh ?? You must be talking to your wife --Tough Guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web