After Election, UConn Meets The Press

After Election, UConn Meets The Press

There are 11 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 2, 2009, titled After Election, UConn Meets The Press. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - - This afternoon, UConn will likely take over the No.1 ranking in the Associated Press poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

ABC

Manchester, CT

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Don't like this matchup at all. It's going to take a huge effort defensively to stop their frontcourt. I expect either Clark or Williams will have huge games tonight.
Marcus

Derwood, MD

#2 Feb 2, 2009
Win by 10 or lose by 10, I'm interested in how UConn responds to runs, attacks LVille or is attacked, holds up mentally under the press/environment, can they get to the line... in other words, I can't believe I have to finish working today, I want to watch this game NOW!
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#3 Feb 2, 2009
TAKE IT EASY ON THOSE KENTUCKY BOYS THEY ARE GOING THROUGH SOME TUFF TIMES WITH ALL THE BAD WEATHER THEY HAVE HAD. SO GO OUT THERE AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#5 Feb 2, 2009
lighten up wrote:
i fully expect Thabeet to whip out his wang and slap around Louisville tonight.
do you know what his Wang-span is?
Marcus

Derwood, MD

#6 Feb 2, 2009
lighten up wrote:
i fully expect Thabeet to whip out his wang and slap around Louisville tonight.
OMG, this is so so so wrong, and worse, I'm literally laughing out loud.

HELLO, BOARD MODERATORS!?!?!?
Courant Mod

Roseland, NJ

#7 Feb 2, 2009
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, this is so so so wrong, and worse, I'm literally laughing out loud.
HELLO, BOARD MODERATORS!?!?!?
The word "wang" is acceptable under our terms and conditions. Feel free to use it.
thetruth

Nashua, NH

#8 Feb 2, 2009
ABC wrote:
Don't like this matchup at all. It's going to take a huge effort defensively to stop their frontcourt. I expect either Clark or Williams will have huge games tonight.
Nice prediction you clueless moron.
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

#9 Feb 2, 2009
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice prediction you clueless moron.
You know what they say -- hindsight is 20-20. They HAVE had a huge defensive effort, and it HAS stopped their frontcourt play, and Terence Williams DID have a huge game. Of course ABC didn't like the matchup. Not many UConn fans did. Louisville is a tough team. So what part of the prediction is wrong? When did ABC say that Louisville was going to win? This was a superb effort from UConn. Relax, it wasn't like ABC wanted to show anyone up, man...
thetruth

Nashua, NH

#10 Feb 2, 2009
3rd World Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say -- hindsight is 20-20. They HAVE had a huge defensive effort, and it HAS stopped their frontcourt play, and Terence Williams DID have a huge game. Of course ABC didn't like the matchup. Not many UConn fans did. Louisville is a tough team. So what part of the prediction is wrong? When did ABC say that Louisville was going to win? This was a superb effort from UConn. Relax, it wasn't like ABC wanted to show anyone up, man...
I loved the match-up all along. UConn is very very good this year. They absolutely destroyed the most relentless full-court pressure in the nation because their guard play is so outstanding. Where are all the Thabeet haters now? Kid is is by far the best defensive player in the country, and is consistently giving them 10-12 points. You hear Vitale during the game also? Says Thabeet is good for 20 points without even putting the ball in the basket just from the way he changes the game. Also, can enough be said about Adrien? He's an animal on both sides of the court.

Also- where are the low-life losers who said Calhoun couldn't recruit a team and couldn't coach anymore? Fools.
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#11 Feb 2, 2009
EVEN WITH ALL THE TURNOVERS A GREAT WIN FOR THE GUYS. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!
WELL DONE!!!
lighten up

Hartford, CT

#12 Feb 3, 2009
hey I was correct on my prediction right, except he kept it in his pants and just used his wing-span instead of his wang-span lol, regardless you have to love how hard this team has been playing, they finally have a team that plays as hard as the women, but the women are just leaps and bounds over everyone else in talent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web