Huskies Looking For A Weekend Visit

Huskies Looking For A Weekend Visit

There are 22 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 12, 2009, titled Huskies Looking For A Weekend Visit. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

UConn players are well-versed in the history of the Big East tournament. The Huskies know what many of their predecessors have accomplished at Madison Square Garden , winning six Big East tournament titles in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim doesnt care

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2009
UCONN better play with a real sense of urgency tonite, otherwise they'er going to get smoked!!!
Timster

Marion, CT

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Jim doesnt care wrote:
UCONN better play with a real sense of urgency tonite, otherwise they'er going to get smoked!!!
I agree Cybil, let's hope we don't play with the frustration level you exhibit, you know with the "voices" and all. UCONN 2 Natl Championships, Pitt (your team) HOW MANY??????????
freddy kool

Palm Coast, FL

#3 Mar 12, 2009
fk GOOD LUCK TONIGHT GUYS, KICK SOME BOOTIE.....GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!
B Hussein Obama

Hopkins, MN

#4 Mar 12, 2009
It is always a concern for me to hear AJ Price give one of those "hockey player" interviews, not that my thirst for bipartisanship would let me be in any way critical of hockey players, mind you.
But, have you noticed how hockey players, when interviewed after a loss, always say something like, "we came out flat in our last loss to them and tonight we need to come out and play with intensity, play like we know we can play, etc."?
As a fan of those Huskies from CT (my Harvard Crimson aren't in the tournament this year) I am deeply troubled by that sort of alibi for why they lost the last game. It would be like me saying "I inherited that deficit--oops."
Clueless

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2009
they just have to play like we know they can. Losing Dyson was a blow, but not insurmountable. Price has to step up--Thabeet has to play TOUGH--Adrien should just be Adrien. Hopefully, Austrie will awaken and Robinson will realize how awesome he is. And when we play Pitt,(the dirtiest team in the league), make them cringe! Now, go Huskies! Uconn women AND men....#1.
gsyms

Southbury, CT

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Lets go Stick, you have to wake up a little and be part of the team. Coach cant do it all. go huskies
great year

Meriden, CT

#7 Mar 12, 2009
I have enjoyed this regular season more then most seasons. They won a lot of good road games. Uconn fans are spoiled and forget that even in 2004 we lost 6 regular season games. They also remember that is the last team that made a big run in NYC. Since only one team can win the national championship a 27-3 regular season, a Big East tourney championship and nice run in the NCCAs would make a great year, even if they don't win it all. This team has been over criticized and outside of winning by 30 every night they will continue to be criticized, but I have enjoyed the season greatly. I hope Haralson plays more tonight and hope that Calhoun uses a little zone to get ready for using it some against Young and Pitt.
Timster

Marion, CT

#8 Mar 12, 2009
Jim doesnt care wrote:
UCONN better play with a real sense of urgency tonite, otherwise they'er going to get smoked !!!
The "urgency" you need, is to get your G.E.D. Pitt goes down to West Virg. BIG TIME CRYBABY!!!!!!!GO HUSKIES!!!!
go orange

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 12, 2009
Shocking, another big game for uconn and surprise, bad offensive sets, missed free throws and missed easy layups. Robinson looking like a rec league player again. Don't forget Austrie and his 20% fg shooting. Oooh, who wouldn't be intimidated by that. I'm sure Cuse is really scared. Considering the postseason history of this current uconn team, it's not likely anyone is worried about playing them. Only thing left is the excuses form fans, players and calhoun. Refs, the baskets, the "we came out flat" excuse which has been the uconn way in the BE tourney since 2005.

When will you learn uconn fans, don't believe the hype.
go orange

Atlanta, GA

#10 Mar 12, 2009
Can one team be that bad in the clutch? Can a team miss more ft's in crunch time? Can one player miss so many open shots with game on line? Can one team continue to choke in post season that you can count on it? Yes to all questions, that's your team, be proud. Yes, brag about 6ots, for whatever that's worth. But most people will remember the incredible choke performance of adrien,price etc and their inability to win a big game.
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#11 Mar 12, 2009
Uconn shits the bed again. Calhoun deserves more $$$
HUH

Vernon Rockville, CT

#12 Mar 12, 2009
Will UConn ever play a zone defense????
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#13 Mar 12, 2009
UCONN overrated again. tabeet is weak, adrien acts like....
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#14 Mar 12, 2009
how can they lose again to the cuse?
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#15 Mar 12, 2009
Jim, stop acting like a actor, & coach like a coach. You have zero offensive knowledge..........
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#16 Mar 12, 2009
it's OK. same thing will happen in the tourney............
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#17 Mar 12, 2009
hey tabeet. don't stub your toe. you are surely a weak azz.........
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#18 Mar 12, 2009
nice free throw shooting UCONN. that lost the game.......
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#19 Mar 12, 2009
huh. NICE CALL. NOT JIMMY. TO STUBBORN........

he's underpaind!
airforceleo1962

Tucson, AZ

#20 Mar 12, 2009
hey Jim. stop acting like an actor & start coaching like a coach!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web