Huskies Have Week To Prepare For Pitt

Huskies Have Week To Prepare For Pitt

There are 23 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 1, 2009, titled Huskies Have Week To Prepare For Pitt. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Craig Austrie sat in a weight room at Gampel Pavilion Saturday afternoon after UConn defeated Notre Dame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ernest Cremese

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2009
That cretins sole purpose was to bait Calhoun into an angry response. He is not a reporter but is a trouble making rabble rouser and should not be given the creditability given to the true press!!
Hebron Fan

AOL

#2 Mar 2, 2009
Ernie,
Well put, enough said.

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#4 Mar 2, 2009
It's gonna be a tough game again, but I think the Huskies will pull this one out.
Kathy

Glastonbury, CT

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Please work on having Hasheem take care of Blair.
Phil - Tampa

Tampa, FL

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Huskies have not lost on the road this year and the Pitt game will clinch the Big East Title. Go Huskies!!

Since: Jan 09

East Hartford, CT

#7 Mar 2, 2009
This game will be a war. Say what you might but both teams are taking this game very seriously. Uconn has much to prove with regard to their toughness. They were manhandled last time out vs Pitt. Thabeet should not say anything read,shut up but he should pray that Blair doesn't get too mad. Blair put an good old fashioned a-- whuppin' on ole' Hasheem.
Look for Coach to have them ready however. They will be prepared. I think Adrien ,Price and Robinson will be key. Edwards has got to come in swinging,throw the body on people.
Man it's gonna be good !!!!
Jamal860

Milford, MA

#8 Mar 2, 2009
Can't wait for this game. It's gonna be good! Where's T.O. with my popcorn??!
Tom

Hartford, CT

#10 Mar 2, 2009
haralson coming off the bench and hitting a few timely 3s would be clutch! can't wait!
freddy kool

Palm Coast, FL

#11 Mar 2, 2009
xOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BOYS, NOW ITS TIME TO GET EVEN. SQQUASH THOSE PITS.
twomiler

Southington, CT

#13 Mar 2, 2009
I think UConn wins at Pitt. Why? Because the officiating has caught up to Blair. In Pitt's win over UConn Blair committed many charges but almost none were called. The officials let him get away with it. Notice what happened in Pitt's loss to Providence? Blair fouled out.

Connecticut

#14 Mar 2, 2009
Enough is Enough wrote:
What's Thabeet gonna do if he has to go to the line in a game deciding situation? Fake a hangnail injury this time.
He took two hard slams to the head and his bell was probably still ringing, so according to you, he should have taken the shots anyway. But the coaches, being a hell of a lot smarter than you, told him to take a couple of minutes so they could send in a better free throw shooter. Duh.

But we all know that if that happened to you, you'd be crying for your mama.
Marcus

Gaithersburg, MD

#15 Mar 2, 2009
Enough is Enough wrote:
What's Thabeet gonna do if he has to go to the line in a game deciding situation? Fake a hangnail injury this time.
We did that in junior high, it's a smart move.

But coming from a dude who proves he knows nothing about basketball with every post, I wouldn't expect you'd know that.
Rootin for rome

Durham, NC

#16 Mar 2, 2009
Enough is Enough wrote:
Lets perform a little scientific experiment, shall we?. Stand on a chair so your enormous bucket sized head is approximately 7 feet off the floor. Have your 260lb buddy shove you from behind sending you accelerating downward so that your head makes contact with the floor. Proceed to attempt two free throws...let us know the results.

Predicted results are that you missed the free throws...but the contact with the floor actually knocked some sense into you.
Enough is Enough

Hartford, CT

#17 Mar 3, 2009
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
We did that in junior high, it's a smart move.
But coming from a dude who proves he knows nothing about basketball with every post, I wouldn't expect you'd know that.
Smart move huh? Sounds pretty gutless and totally lacks sportsmanship. Teach your kids that if they're afraid of something fake an injury and you'll get out of it. You think Hansbrough would've stayed down? How about Griffin from OU when he got hurt. Kid could barely stand and wanted back in. Thabeet was hurt so bad he stayed out what a minute tops?
How about he stayed out because he was already 2-6 from the line and afraid to go back.
Last kid picked in dodgeball or did you avoid it altogether? I sure wouldn't want my kid being shown a gutless move like that. If you're injured that's one thing but he gets the academy award.
I'll put what I know about BBall up against you anytime.
Huskyrich

Indiantown, FL

#18 Mar 5, 2009
Thabett would do well to get some coaching on teh way Bil Russell played defense, particularly against heavier, stronger opponents. In the first game Blair backed into Thabeet, causing him to constatnly be trying to get his feet under him. It's impossible to jump, block and defend when your feet aren't stable beneath you. I'd have Adrian play Blair and Thabeet be free to come from the weak side or off the ball to use his terrific shot blocking skills, alla Russell.

Connecticut

#19 Mar 5, 2009
Not to take anything from Pitt, but the last time UConn played them, the Huskies were still adjusting to playing without Dyson and they still played Pitt close.

Good points and suggestions on Adrien/Blair/Thabeet, but I have no doubt Calhoun has a new game plan of his own. And since the team has had more time to adjust, I feel pretty good about this Saturday.
Timster

East Glastonbury, CT

#20 Mar 18, 2009
Enough is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move huh? Sounds pretty gutless and totally lacks sportsmanship. Teach your kids that if they're afraid of something fake an injury and you'll get out of it. You think Hansbrough would've stayed down? How about Griffin from OU when he got hurt. Kid could barely stand and wanted back in. Thabeet was hurt so bad he stayed out what a minute tops?
How about he stayed out because he was already 2-6 from the line and afraid to go back.
Last kid picked in dodgeball or did you avoid it altogether? I sure wouldn't want my kid being shown a gutless move like that. If you're injured that's one thing but he gets the academy award.
I'll put what I know about BBall up against you anytime.
We know YOU didn't avoid dodgeball!! I'm guessing too many direct hits to the head offers ample proof why you post your gibberish!!! Calhoun is UNDERPAID!!!!!!!!
Enough is Enough

Hartford, CT

#21 Mar 18, 2009
Timster wrote:
<quoted text> We know YOU didn't avoid dodgeball!! I'm guessing too many direct hits to the head offers ample proof why you post your gibberish!!! Calhoun is UNDERPAID!!!!!!!!
Underpaid? All these caoches are overpaid not just Jimmy.
I'm guessing you're the fat kid sitting in his parents basement who has potato chip crumbs all over his shirt who spends 5 hours a day on the computer. A clueless UConn homer.
Timster

East Glastonbury, CT

#22 Mar 18, 2009
Enough is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Underpaid? All these caoches are overpaid not just Jimmy.
I'm guessing you're the fat kid sitting in his parents basement who has potato chip crumbs all over his shirt who spends 5 hours a day on the computer. A clueless UConn homer.
Hey Goober, Calhoun made the right call taking out Hasheem to let someone else take the free throws. Goober!
Timster

East Glastonbury, CT

#23 Mar 18, 2009
Oh and Goober, please tell the authorities what you did with the bodies.......Go Huskies!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web