UConn Core Has Grown Into Final Four ...

UConn Core Has Grown Into Final Four Team

There are 62 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 30, 2009, titled UConn Core Has Grown Into Final Four Team. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Then the NBA gates opened and gone were Rudy Gay , Marcus Williams and Josh Boone .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mary Ann

Burlington, VT

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Calhoun is a cheat.
Uconn78

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Mar 30, 2009
This team has come together in the most amazing way. They all have the same will and in order to achieve this everyone has to act with the same will to get through this next game with a W. This next game is going to be a fight each player must play his part. Thabeet needs to be the human eraser, Robinson needs to attack the basket when Thabeet cannot, AJ needs to lead with his guts and brains and the guards need to keep attacking, if you do these things with one will you will all succeed! I see it I know it and I see you there doing all the damage! Go Huskies stay strong!
DJS

Guangzhou, China

#3 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann wrote:
Calhoun is a cheat.
and your a knucklehead, but what the heck, i still like ya anyway
Lets Go AJ

Hartford, CT

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann wrote:
Calhoun is a cheat.
It's funny how people wake up and go out of there way to be the first to post a negative comment...what a loser. U-C-O-N-N Uconn, Uconn Uconn!!!
Pi Slamma Obama

Hartford, CT

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann wrote:
Calhoun is a cheat.
Mary Ann,

Only in America, can YOU sit with your little skirt on holding pom-poms cheering for UCONN, enjoying their success, maybe even have benefited peresonally by Jim Calhouns contributions to Cancer, Heart Research, etc. or if not YOU personally, a loved one or friend. Then turn around and call him a cheat.

And it is "Mr." Calhoun to you.
UConnMDFan

Rockville, MD

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Congrats!!! Beat Michigan State and of course, GO HUSKIES!!!!
always a fan

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2009
while i love him as our coach, is there anyone in american sports who is more inarticulate than jim calhoun? if AJ can't find a roster spot in the NBA, calhoun has got to hire him back as a coach and let him do the post-pre game talking for him.
Pi Slamma Obama

Hartford, CT

#8 Mar 30, 2009
always a fan wrote:
while i love him as our coach, is there anyone in american sports who is more inarticulate than jim calhoun? if AJ can't find a roster spot in the NBA, calhoun has got to hire him back as a coach and let him do the post-pre game talking for him.
Is there anyone in America who can show you where your shift keey is?
Pi Slamma Obama

Hartford, CT

#9 Mar 30, 2009
Oops or show me spell check?
roberttherugguyr aleigh

Wake Forest, NC

#10 Mar 30, 2009
and the ROCK Jeff Adrien!
reality check

Ludlow, MA

#11 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann speaks the truth; rude writers can't refute her charge so they attack the messenger. Because of the tournament, the recruiting scandal--and Calhoun is up to his keister in it--has been stuffed down a rabbit hole, but it will pop up again and the fur will fly. Calhoun is a user, though he's not the only one. Look at UConn's pathetic graduation rate, a bigger scandal.
Resident

Farmington, CT

#12 Mar 30, 2009
WOW!! What a great team effort from the men. Keep going strong!
always a fan

United States

#13 Mar 30, 2009
Pi Slamma Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyone in America who can show you where your shift keey is?
don't you have spell check on your machine?
always a fan

United States

#14 Mar 30, 2009
reality check wrote:
Mary Ann speaks the truth; rude writers can't refute her charge so they attack the messenger. Because of the tournament, the recruiting scandal--and Calhoun is up to his keister in it--has been stuffed down a rabbit hole, but it will pop up again and the fur will fly. Calhoun is a user, though he's not the only one. Look at UConn's pathetic graduation rate, a bigger scandal.
not only is she right, she's a hottie. can't you just imagine her sitting at her keyboard in her flannel PJs.........hair in rollers........17 cats crawling all over her studio apartment.........picture of george clooney at her side.
Timster

Beacon Falls, CT

#15 Mar 30, 2009
Lets Go AJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how people wake up and go out of there way to be the first to post a negative comment...what a loser. U-C-O-N-N Uconn, Uconn Uconn!!!
They're even quicker to judge "clueless" to the UCONN fans..........isn't that ironic........I for one, don't mind those jealous folks. Let them, for instance, tell us that Calhoun doesn't hold the scissors correctly in Detroit, I don't care. THE NETS ARE COMING DOWN, Mr. Gorbachev!!!! GO HUSHIES!!!
gsyms

North Grafton, MA

#16 Mar 30, 2009
Lets all stay in the coaches corner, we dont need bashing before a big game coming up. Do you fans now that Coach Calhoun donated $25,000 to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, to aid in keeping the hall going into to bankruptcy? He really helps the communities out.Go get them Coach C.
Old Guy

Enfield, CT

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann wrote:
Calhoun is a cheat.
Now I know why Gilligan liked Ginger better!
JJP in CT

Addison, TX

#18 Mar 30, 2009
Mary Ann wrote:
Calhoun is a cheat.
And you are CLUELESS.
JJP in CT

Addison, TX

#19 Mar 30, 2009
reality check wrote:
Pathetic is a good description of your post.
JDOGG

Hartford, CT

#20 Mar 30, 2009
Graduation rates?!? Are we really going there? Perhaps a lower than average graduation rate is a byproduct of having the most players in the NBA than any other college program, many of them leaving early to cash in on multi-million dollar contracts. And you would do the same thing. Don't go there with graduation rates. It only implies that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15
More from around the web