UConn's Robinson Is On The Rebound

UConn's Robinson Is On The Rebound

There are 10 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 26, 2009, titled UConn's Robinson Is On The Rebound. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Stanley Robinson is starting to give UConn another dimension. He had 19 points and 10 rebounds Wednesday, personifying the poise and confidence the Huskies have shown on the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Tom Riddle

Stonington, CT

#1 Feb 26, 2009
Jim Calhoun is a winner in every sense of the word. Took an unknown program to the top. Put a ton of players, who were not highly sought after recruits into the pro's. Beat coach K in two of the biggest games. Cares ahd grows his players personally and hoops wise.

Little known story - when Phil Jackson was going to retire a few years back, Kobe's first choice was Jim Calhoun, who never coached a day in the pro's.

Here's to Jim Calhoun excerising regularly, eating right, taking his vitamins - so he can coach another 10 years !!!

WORTH EVERY DIME AND MUCH MORE.

CONGATULATIONS JIM !

(And that's comming from a Marquette Grad who was there for the '77 championship, during the run of another great coach Al McGuire.
mgz

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2009
if robinson played like that every game... wow..
makes you wonder if this team is gifted or flawed because they have so many dimensions..
thabeet had a "quiet" double double with 5 blocks, adrien basically disappeared, austrie missed wide-open jumpers and then scottie haralson hits 2 threes in what, 5 minutes of action? AJ Price has a career game and sticks finally plays with some confidence -- expectations for this team are getting higher.
DumbIdeaDetector

United States

#3 Feb 26, 2009
Somebody was going to pose the question: would Hasheem consider coming back next year? But Mike beat everyone to it.

While it's an awesome thought to ponder, I just can't see it happening. I can't even imagine Jim Calhoun not telling Hasheem that it's time to leave.
DumbIdeaDetector

United States

#4 Feb 26, 2009
Tom Riddle, great post.
Early CHildhoiod Adv

Hartford, CT

#5 Feb 26, 2009
Cliff what are you making these days? Think Calhoun was worth it? I think you guys make too much money...after all it is only a game...and one to be enjoyed. Remove all the bling...and what you have left is a ball and a hoop! Now, which degree did you earn and how was it applied?
Early CHildhoiod Adv

Hartford, CT

#6 Feb 26, 2009
When was the last time you pee'd in a cup? When was the last time you were tested for hiv/aids?
Eddie C

United States

#7 Feb 26, 2009
Early CHildhoiod Adv wrote:
When was the last time you pee'd in a cup? When was the last time you were tested for hiv/aids?
What the h**l are you talking about? Loser
FREDDYKOOL

Daytona Beach, FL

#8 Feb 26, 2009
go "HUSKIES" SEE YOU IN THE FINAL FOUR!
Che Guevara

Worcester, MA

#9 Feb 26, 2009
My Lord... Oh My Lord... Stanley Robinson finally showed something yesterday. If he would play with that kind of intensity consistently they would have something. Scotty Harrelson, I thought he was sharing a cell with King Eddie up in Somers.
Timster

Marion, CT

#10 Mar 18, 2009
Early CHildhoiod Adv wrote:
I believe it was the last time you put your cup down during halftime vs. Villanova at the XL center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UConn men's notebook (Mar '09) Apr '14 BPT 3
News Wizards add A.J. Price (Jul '12) Jul '12 CharlesRascoe 1
News Unsung Player: Stanley Robinson (Aug '09) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 3
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News UConn Freshman Guard Kemba Walker Has the Moves (Sep '08) Oct '09 JNR 31
News Sizing up UConn in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 Li7gm 1
News After 2-Year Drought, 3 Huskies Have Played Int... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Smell That Stench 15