Dodgers seeing sizzle turn into fizzle

Dodgers seeing sizzle turn into fizzle

There are 17 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 9, 2009, titled Dodgers seeing sizzle turn into fizzle. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The month of August traditionally marks the dog days of the baseball season, and the Dodgers are certainly feeling the effects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Jimboac

Encino, CA

#1 Aug 9, 2009
That Time of year again , will The Dodgers Fall ..........They no longer Have the best Record ..........They need to get their Crap Together NOW !!
Leaving 28 Runners on base the past 3 games Is Ridiculous !!!
Torre - forget Broxton For now and start using Sherrill
The Dodgers will most likely have a 2.5 Game lead this coming Thursday !!!!!!!!!
Daran

Gilbert, AZ

#2 Aug 9, 2009
The Dodgers have sucked since the days of Kirk Gibson. And NO first baseman will ever be as good as Steve Garvey
U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Aug 9, 2009
If you want to see good baseball,watch the YANKEES!!!!
Alex

Fullerton, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2009
U r not so smart wrote:
If you want to see good baseball,watch the YANKEES!!!!
Yanks get hot for 25 games. Big deal. Considering how much they spend, they are pretty lousy.
James

Fullerton, CA

#8 Aug 9, 2009
Never Cease to be Amazed wrote:
...the annual "choke" has begun.
The morons come out of the woodwork. But you weren't posting crap for months where you?

5.5 game lead is still the biggest in baseball. Their lead has bounced around from 6-8 games for the past 2 months. This is no different. Seriously, why would anyone worry about the Giants or Rockies?
surf_morongo

AOL

#10 Aug 9, 2009
rislas wrote:
dodgers need to get rid of colletti, martin and loney...then maybe they'll be able to start playing...this team needs to be shaken up...
Loney is a much better defensive player than Garvey ever was. Loney is the leading hitter with bases loaded in the league for the last two years. Loney dosen't mess around and seems to have some good morals.

Colletti can leave anytime, Im ok with that. Kim Ng will make a great GM.

I am willing to stay with Martin till the end of the season since there is nobody to get for him and his defense is decent, except for that throw he missed last week from eithier, that was pathetic.

I like Manny, but it is time to pick up the slack now.

The team can't hope that opne or two guys aill get hot each night, thay all have to contribute.

I was wondering if there was any word on who may move up in September, especially pitchers.
Daran

Gilbert, AZ

#11 Aug 9, 2009
surf_morongo wrote:
<quoted text>
Loney is a much better defensive player than Garvey ever was. Loney is the leading hitter with bases loaded in the league for the last two years. Loney dosen't mess around and seems to have some good morals.
Colletti can leave anytime, Im ok with that. Kim Ng will make a great GM.
I am willing to stay with Martin till the end of the season since there is nobody to get for him and his defense is decent, except for that throw he missed last week from eithier, that was pathetic.
I like Manny, but it is time to pick up the slack now.
The team can't hope that opne or two guys aill get hot each night, thay all have to contribute.
I was wondering if there was any word on who may move up in September, especially pitchers.
Garvey should be in the Hall of fame. If it weren't for his womanizing, he'd be in there. Loney will never get even one vote, if he is even placed on the ballot. How many times has Loney been voted MVP of the allstar game or National league. Garvey got each once. Conclusion, Loney is synonymous with loser, which the Dogders have been since 1988. Who was on the team when they won the World Series in 1981, Let me think..........Garvey! At least Garvey liked women. Loney get's excited looking at the other men in the locker room is my guess. Maybe he'd like you too Surf.
These Dodgers Suck

Woodland Hills, CA

#12 Aug 9, 2009
Lousy team + lousy fans = losers X 2
Never Cease to be Amazed

Torrance, CA

#13 Aug 9, 2009
James wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously, why would anyone worry about the Giants or Rockies?
Braves 8 Dodgers 2
Dave from Panama City

Montgomery, AL

#14 Aug 9, 2009
Before you go spouting iff about Steve Garvey, check his stats. Career .294, very good, not great,272 HRS over 18 years and 2,599 hits. A very good career, not a hall of fame one. To say the things about Loney that you have shows how your mind works. Commenting about his locker room habits seem like you have some latent frustration going on. Watch out Surf.
U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#15 Aug 9, 2009
Dave from Panama City wrote:
Before you go spouting iff about Steve Garvey, check his stats. Career .294, very good, not great,272 HRS over 18 years and 2,599 hits. A very good career, not a hall of fame one. To say the things about Loney that you have shows how your mind works. Commenting about his locker room habits seem like you have some latent frustration going on. Watch out Surf.
He never said anything,I didn't hear anything.
Del

Alabaster, AL

#16 Aug 9, 2009
dodgers (Colletti) said looney would be an all star and the first time i saw him play left a lot to be desired and his marketability is nil....and martin...another big swan dive after a big pay raise....and how many times do you got to mota and brock to lose a game....
Daran

Gilbert, AZ

#17 Aug 9, 2009
Dave from Panama City wrote:
Dave, you forgot to mention that Garvey broke the National League record for consecutive games played in. A record that stands today over 25 years later. As for that latent shit. It is Loney that sucks, not me
Dodger Dog Doug

Westminster, CA

#18 Aug 10, 2009
Just as sure as Alex Rodriguez will NEVER bring the Yankees a league championship, Manny Ramierez will NEVER bring the Dodgers a league championship either. Both teams may get close but will never achieve that goal. Its in the cards and is the curse set by the baseball gods. BOTH teams will fall short.
TDOG

Moorpark, CA

#19 Aug 10, 2009
We are seeing the effects of not going after that starting pitcher during the trades. Having Jason Schmidt and Jeff Weaver act as 5th spot relievers is pathetic. Best record in baseball and McCourt doesn't shore up the team by deadline. He did the same thing last year. We should have shored up our bullpen and we may have beat the Phillies.
Alin

Fullerton, CA

#20 Aug 17, 2009
TDOG wrote:
We are seeing the effects of not going after that starting pitcher during the trades. Having Jason Schmidt and Jeff Weaver act as 5th spot relievers is pathetic. Best record in baseball and McCourt doesn't shore up the team by deadline. He did the same thing last year. We should have shored up our bullpen and we may have beat the Phillies.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. The hitting has tanked, especially with RISP. Broxton has tanked. The starting pitching is like our 4th biggest problem right now. Sighning Sherrill will end up being huge. Torre is being too nice to Brox. Sit down Brox and let Sherrill close for now. Please Joe.
waymoresblues

United States

#21 Aug 17, 2009
when the st.louis cardinals come to town tonight its gonna be doom city for dodgertown , albert pujols and the cards will win 2 out of 3 if not sweep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yunel Escobar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cubs Reportedly Inquire About Giancarlo Stanton (Nov '12) Dec '12 lakerbuff 2
News Fish Bites: Miami Marlins Do It Again (Nov '12) Nov '12 Ralf 1
News Suspended Escobar apologizes, but is stunned by... (Sep '12) Sep '12 snyper 1
News Projecting 2012 MLB All-Stars by Division: Team... (Feb '12) Feb '12 nelson cruz 1
News Bautista homer kick-starts Jays' 7-3 win over Y... (May '11) May '11 vinniesr 1
News Bautista homers twice as Blue Jays beat Astros (May '11) May '11 Repugnorant 1
News Braves' keys for home stretch start with Derrek... (Sep '10) Sep '10 BionicBippy 1
More from around the web