Torii Hunter makes way for rookie, mo...

Torii Hunter makes way for rookie, moves into right field for Angels

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Torii Hunter makes way for rookie, moves into right field for Angels. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Torii Hunter is no longer the center of attention for the Los Angeles Angels, and his first game as the team's new right fielder went off without a hitch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Win Twins

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 4, 2010
I miss Torii. He was/is a great team player. I do not believe he deserves the kind of pay he is getting but he is a great guy.
TC Florida

Frisco, TX

#2 Aug 4, 2010
This move was made mostly to accomodate the beginning of Hunter's skills diminishing. This is exactly why the Twins couldn't give Torii the long term contract he desired. I knew that the Twins would miss him for the first couple of years of his tenure with the Angels, but his contract would be bloated on the back end.

Don't get me wrong, his skills are not gone yet. But this is the beginning of the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torii Hunter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Torii Hunter: Intolerance In America's Game (Dec '12) Jan '13 Not Yet Equal 9
News Report: Tigers' Torii Hunter would be 'uncomfor... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Gay Subversion 17
News Miami Marlins Looking At Peter Bourjos, Other C... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ozzie Guillen 5
News Scott Boras says Dodgers 'bought the store' whi... (Nov '12) Nov '12 XFlushing Fan 1
News Unlucky break hands Angels 3-1 loss to Seattle (Jun '11) Jun '11 johnnyj 1
News Shooter Now: Torii Hunter says Minnesota Twins ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Mary Jane 43
News Hunter feels bond to Target Field (Aug '10) Aug '10 TC Florida 9
More from around the web