Torii Hunter makes way for rookie, moves into right field for Angels

Full story: TwinCities.com

Torii Hunter is no longer the center of attention for the Los Angeles Angels, and his first game as the team's new right fielder went off without a hitch.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 4, 2010
Win Twins

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

I miss Torii. He was/is a great team player. I do not believe he deserves the kind of pay he is getting but he is a great guy.
TC Florida

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

This move was made mostly to accomodate the beginning of Hunter's skills diminishing. This is exactly why the Twins couldn't give Torii the long term contract he desired. I knew that the Twins would miss him for the first couple of years of his tenure with the Angels, but his contract would be bloated on the back end.

Don't get me wrong, his skills are not gone yet. But this is the beginning of the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Torii Hunter Discussions

Search the Torii Hunter Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Torii Hunter: Intolerance In America's Game (Dec '12) Jan '13 Not Yet Equal 9
Report: Tigers' Torii Hunter would be 'uncomfor... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Gay Subversion 17
Miami Marlins Looking At Peter Bourjos, Other C... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ozzie Guillen 5
Scott Boras says Dodgers 'bought the store' whi... (Nov '12) Nov '12 XFlushing Fan 1
Unlucky break hands Angels 3-1 loss to Seattle (Jun '11) Jun '11 johnnyj 1
Shooter Now: Torii Hunter says Minnesota Twins ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Mary Jane 43
Hunter feels bond to Target Field (Aug '10) Aug '10 TC Florida 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••