Should unruly fans be Tased?

City police are considering whether officers should get involved when unruly but nonthreatening fans sprint onto the field during sporting events, a review begun after a teenager was subdued with a Taser at a Phillies game. Full Story
fracas

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 May 5, 2010
Of course! There is no way to know what is going to happen when someone VIOLATES THE LAW and runs on to the field. For all we know the kid could have had a weapon and intent to injure a player or umpire. There is always the possibility that physically tackling the kid could have caused injury to the kid, or the pursuer. I watched the video and security was not able to "corral" the faster, and more athletic, kid.

The kid was a dumb*** and got what he deserved. I hope he got to spend the night in jail with the drunks, pimps, and drug dealers. I also hope that he has to work his ass off all summer earning enough money to pay the fine that is probably forthcoming.

For those who will say that the kid never intended to hurt anyone, how do you know? A few years ago a father and son came on the field and injured a base coach. Were their intentions obvious when they came over the railing? Once you come over the railing you are a threat to everyone on the field, and committing a crime in the process.
Patriot

AOL

#2 May 5, 2010
I thought it was hilarious, "hey look at me, hey look at me...ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH! Even his mother said he was stupid. Does anybody remember the Colts game where a fan ran onto the field, grabbed the ball and Mike Curtis layed him out? Word to the alcohol fueled fans or the just plain stupid, stay in the stands!
Porkulus

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 5, 2010
yes. repeatedly. nobody pays these riduclous ticket prices and & $7.50 a beer to watch some drunken JA run around.
Patriot

AOL

#4 May 5, 2010
Looks like a nerve was touched here by the posts, better there than at the end of a taser!
Seeker

Tempe, AZ

#5 May 5, 2010
Patriot wrote:
Looks like a nerve was touched here by the posts, better there than at the end of a taser!
Not necessarily.
edd

Fairfield, CT

#6 May 5, 2010
in todays world,the police have the right to stop idiots, america
is great. but lately not safe,

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 May 5, 2010
Simple question, Simple Answer - YES!!
George

Palo Alto, CA

#8 May 5, 2010
They should have 'offed' him.
No spin zone

Stacy, MN

#9 May 5, 2010
This story was on Fox news around the world news. On how stupid our law enforcement is. This cop has been laughed in every country.
I heard

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 5, 2010
The first baseman had to cover his face with his glove he was laughing so hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Victorino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post-Winter Meetings Odds of Winning the Josh H... (Dec '12) Dec '12 espn 1
10 Fire-Sale Trades the Philadelphia Phillies C... (Jul '12) Aug '12 LynessaV 7
Will Charlie Manuel Be Sacrificial Lamb for Phi... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Billy Ringo 2
Halladay gets 15th win as Phils top Dodgers 5-3 (Aug '11) Aug '11 Marissa 2 2
S.F. Giants Manager Calls 'Alien' Comment 'Racist' (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ozzie Guillen 3
Giants poor loosers (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rosebud 1
Victorino's Homer Lifts Phillies Over Brewers (Apr '11) Apr '11 SMPicks 1

Shane Victorino People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE