Governors make friendly wager - Hawai...

Governors make friendly wager - Hawaii Sports

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Governors make friendly wager - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

PHILADELPHIA>> The final spot for the National League All-Star roster is up for grabs, and the governors of Hawaii and Pennsylvania have made a friendly wager to rally online voting support for Phillies' outfielder Shane Victorino, also known as the Flyin' Hawaiian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Its over

San Diego, CA

#1 Jul 8, 2009
. . . let them each cake. . .cheesecake. . .
vcbear

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Jul 8, 2009
Hello from a U H Grad who lives in Phillies. We are reaching out to the Aloha State to get people to go to www.phillies.com and vote for Shane Victorino. Shane "The Flying Hawaiian" Victorino has taken the Phillies Faithful by storm he in the City of Brotherly Love. He is the 300 batting, centerfield spark plug for the fighting Phills. More so he is a happy warrior, representing the Aloha State as well as Obama. Go to www.phillies.com and follow the instruction to vote Shane into the All Star Game. Aloha Nui
Kawika

Waukegan, IL

#3 Jul 8, 2009
Sounds like a Lenny Klompus- Barnum and Bailey stunt... One of the more ridiculous sports bets, ever... Like the populace of Pennsylvania gives a hoot about Victorino being voted in...
sonofhawaii

Hanalei, HI

#4 Jul 8, 2009
I hope lingle will pay for it from her own funds and not use state funds if she loses.
Wake up

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2009
sonofhawaii wrote:
I hope lingle will pay for it from her own funds and not use state funds if she loses.
However she pays it, gambling is gambling. Can I make a friendly wager through onlne gambling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Victorino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cubs sign Victorino to Minor League deal (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Post-Winter Meetings Odds of Winning the Josh H... (Dec '12) Dec '12 espn 1
News 10 Fire-Sale Trades the Philadelphia Phillies C... (Jul '12) Aug '12 LynessaV 7
News Will Charlie Manuel Be Sacrificial Lamb for Phi... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Billy Ringo 2
News Halladay gets 15th win as Phils top Dodgers 5-3 (Aug '11) Aug '11 Marissa 2 2
News S.F. Giants Manager Calls 'Alien' Comment 'Racist' (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ozzie Guillen 3
Giants poor loosers (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rosebud 1
More from around the web