Will Nationals Park Favor Hitters Or Pitchers? - Sports News St...

One important question surrounding the opening of every new ballpark is whether it will favor batters or pitchers. Full Story
jack tintle

Washington, DC

#1 Mar 26, 2008
There is no doubt that Nationals park is one of the most luxurious and state of the art ballparks in the modern era. The nationals new home will offer many extensive suites that indeed, favor the die hard fans. But when the fans and their wallets head out to Washington D.C.'s new landmark, what type of game will they see. Will they see a game that favors hitters, such as those found at Coors Field, or pitchers, such as those found at AT@T Park and RFK stadium? I know I would favor a game that offers great action in both the pitching and offensive departments, as well as a warm and exciting atmosphere. Will it be a launching pad, or will it be friendly to pitchers? Only time will tell!
paul

Washington, DC

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Will ANY tickets be available to the "common man" for the Orioles spring training game?
JMR

Basking Ridge, NJ

#3 Apr 6, 2008
You want to draw families. Bring back the old "Knot Hole Club", which was sponsored by the Old Evening Star, from the early days baseball at the then-called DC Stadium.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Zimmerman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Issues develop in loss to Atlanta (Apr '14) Apr '14 Teezzyy 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
New York Mets: What Recent Slide Means for Davi... (Jul '12) Jul '12 XFlushing Fan 1
Washington Nationals call up Bryce Harper from ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Mets Fan Forever 1
Ryan Zimmerman Ready To Return (Jun '11) Jun '11 Baseball fan 1
Nationals should feel buyer's remorse with Werth (May '11) May '11 The Great Responder 1
Will David Wright Finish His Career With The Mets? (Feb '11) Mar '11 Billy Ringo 7
More from around the web