Giants acquire Garko from Cleveland

Giants acquire Garko from Cleveland

There are 1 comment on the Slam Sports story from Jul 27, 2009, titled Giants acquire Garko from Cleveland. In it, Slam Sports reports that:

The San Francisco Giants got the offensive first baseman they've been seeking. The Cleveland Indians received a pitcher they consider a future big league starter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slam Sports.

rcorbut

Willoughby, OH

#1 Jul 28, 2009
get Shapiro out of here before he destroys the franchise. I dont get it. This can't be a salary dump. Garko doesn't even make a mil yet and even if he got to 2 mil through arbitration, so what? That's a lot of money? And what did they get? A marginal class A pitcher.

The smart move is to get rid of Martinez. At least he would bring legitimate prospects and dump his 2010 salary of 7 mil. Besides you have players who can replace him positionally. He might even bring a starter in trade. Put that starter in the rotation, keep Cliff Lee and you might have a chance next year. At least you would give the illusion that you were still trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Garko Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baseball: Jason Bay bids bye-bye to Beantown (Dec '09) Dec '09 Jason Bey 3
News Indians Trade 1B Ryan Garko to Giants (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nicholas 10
News Posada's disputed homer lifts Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 MR PTBARNUM 2
News Bronx Bummer: Indians' 14-run second dooms Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 1
News Baseball world mourns Adenhart (Apr '09) Apr '09 West Valley Dave ... 4
News Former President Bush Throws Out Texas Rangers ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 DeeDee79 1
News Prelude to Indians spring training: DeRosa is a... (Feb '09) Feb '09 frenchie 1
More from around the web