Prelude to Indians spring training: DeRosa is an upgrade, but infield makeup remains in flux

Feb 5, 2009 Full story: The Plain Dealer

Ryan Garko will likely begin the 2009 season as the Indians' first baseman, but will he provide enough offense to keep the starting position? SPRING SNEAK PEEK Next week, the Indians will open their new spring ...

Full Story
frenchie

Reims, France

#1 Feb 6, 2009
Someone on the post suggested we trade Sowers for an established starter. How is that possible? Sounds like black Magic to me.
Iím no expert like some of you, just a fan, but I was wondering. Martinez is only guranteed through 2010. He is a very valuable player for the team but will he be renewed?
On the other hand , how sure is it the Indians could get a proven #2 or #3 starter based on his numbers and contract status? Considering the uncertainty with Hafner, Martinez should not be traded for a low tier starter, especially if the pitcher has short term contract.
I always wondered about Marte. Maybe another teamís hitting instructor can rid him of his fear of the bean ball whenever he steps into the batterís box. Hope Laporta doesnít arrive to camp wity the same affliction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Garko Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball: Jason Bay bids bye-bye to Beantown (Dec '09) Dec '09 Jason Bey 3
Indians Trade 1B Ryan Garko to Giants (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nicholas 10
Giants acquire Garko from Cleveland (Jul '09) Jul '09 rcorbut 1
Posada's disputed homer lifts Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 MR PTBARNUM 2
Bronx Bummer: Indians' 14-run second dooms Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 1
Baseball world mourns Adenhart (Apr '09) Apr '09 West Valley Dave ... 4
Former President Bush Throws Out Texas Rangers ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 DeeDee79 1
More from around the web