Indians Trade 1B Ryan Garko to Giants

Indians Trade 1B Ryan Garko to Giants

There are 10 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 28, 2009, titled Indians Trade 1B Ryan Garko to Giants. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The San Francisco Giants have acquired first baseman Ryan Garko from the Cleveland Indians, filling a big need in the infield and adding a key right-handed bat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

James

Mansfield, OH

#1 Jul 28, 2009
Wow, it is amazing what the Cleveland AAA Team can do!!! They make these incredible deals to pick up some of the best PROSPECTS for the rest of the league see develop. I love baseball!!!! But thank God training camp is starting for the Browns.
Dee

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Good!!! Let's trade off the whole team....too many bad trades have put the Indians in the basement. Let's get rid of Shapiro and Dolan...maybe the Tribe will have a chance then.
Steve Koleski Maple Hgts

Cleveland, OH

#3 Jul 28, 2009
Time to get Mark Shapiro and the Dolan ownership "OUT" of the game. This trade is another slap in Cleveland baseball fans faces...this ownership and General Manager have no clue what there are doing. by trading Ryan Garko, who was an "EXTREME" bargin for what he was getting paid, under $500,000 per year simply to throw away another player that had the heart to play in Cleveland...he gave his all and all the management did was tell the fans he was an under-achiever! This ownership and management group could'nt keep a decent palyer in town...you lost Ramirez & Thome, you lost Brandon Phillips, you dump Casey Blake, you could'nt even have a clue how to keep CC Sabathia, and you trade Derosa (who was producing) after 70 plus games (why was he traded?---MONEY?) and now you throw Garko out to the street like trash, simply to get a Class A Minor Leaguer. I simply don't understand what talent evaluation Shapiro has and of course this is always about MONEY...Cleveland will be "LOSERS" forever with this management...by the way, Mr. Dolan & Mr. Shapiro you have less than 3 1/2 day to dump Cliff Lee & Victor Martinez...HURRY! No wonder Eric Wedge has a chip on his shoulder...I would to if I managed a re-building team every spring!
Eric get out while you can...HURRY! By the way, just an observation from a baseball fan who knows and understands the game 100%, you are paying Travis Hafner $11 million dollars a year, who can't play a position in the field, who can only DH and swing the bat 3 or 4 games in a row...who needs to give the Indians a .280-.300 b-avg and 30 plus HR's and 100 plus RBI's per year...should of trimmed that "OVER-PAID UNDER-ACHIECVING" fat first...by the way, simply a talent observation, LaPorta up and playing LF-DH, Garko (he's gone now) can play LF when LaPorta is DH...Francisco can play all the positions and with Hafner "GONE" you can play Victor at first more and up comes Santana & Shoppach who can hold down the C-spot...the team isn't going anywhere, lets see what Laporta, Santana, & Brantley can do...just a thought!
old joe

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2009
what a joke,Indians are farm club for the rest of the major team.
Alex

Lakemore, OH

#5 Jul 28, 2009
The GM needs to go!!!
Jeffrey

Brecksville, OH

#6 Jul 28, 2009
clean house..otherwise, who cares?
john from kent

Lorain, OH

#7 Jul 28, 2009
Before he gets fired, like he should be, lets have shapiro trade lee, cabrrara, fransico, shoo, and anybody else who might be halfway descent, so the new staff and gm can really give cleveland fans another promise of a rebuilding competative team, like always. wow, THIS IS REALLY GETTING OLD AND BORING!!!! I am glad i like near akson so i can watch a good team (the AEROS) they are in 1st place!!!
Steve Koleski Maple Hgts

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jul 29, 2009
Hey John from Kent...you have your wish coming true...Shapiro just dumped Francisco & Lee to the Phillies for 4 minor league prospects...one player is probably out for the season with knee surgery.

I'm waiting for the news now that Shapiro has traded Martinez to the Dodgers...that seems to be the next logical move????

Wow, good bye Tribe fans...you won't draw fans with this team, Dolan & Shapiro need to be out of the game...now!

The 1976 North Ridgeville Rangers "Lakeland Conference Baseball Champions" could beat this Indians squad?
Bonnie Thompson

Cleveland, OH

#9 Jul 29, 2009
Just when Ryan Garko was getting hot again he was traded-he was
my favorite Indian!

And now Clif Lee might be traded too-another winner! What's
happening to this ball club?
Nicholas

Madison, OH

#10 Jul 31, 2009
Ryan was the best and we had to trade him,we needed to trade are GM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Garko Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baseball: Jason Bay bids bye-bye to Beantown (Dec '09) Dec '09 Jason Bey 3
News Giants acquire Garko from Cleveland (Jul '09) Jul '09 rcorbut 1
News Posada's disputed homer lifts Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 MR PTBARNUM 2
News Bronx Bummer: Indians' 14-run second dooms Yankees (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 1
News Baseball world mourns Adenhart (Apr '09) Apr '09 West Valley Dave ... 4
News Former President Bush Throws Out Texas Rangers ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 DeeDee79 1
News Prelude to Indians spring training: DeRosa is a... (Feb '09) Feb '09 frenchie 1
More from around the web