Phillies, Pirates swap catchers

Phillies, Pirates swap catchers

There are 7 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Phillies, Pirates swap catchers. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The Philadelphia Phillies acquired catcher Ronny Paulino from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday for minor-league catcher Jason Jaramillo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Money Ball

Catasauqua, PA

#1 Dec 10, 2008
Jaramillo needs to learn another field position. I watched him all summer with the IronPigs and he is not defensively good enough to catch in the Major Leagues.
Old Eastsider

Macungie, PA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
Oh Boy Phellow Phans.... This Amaro... he is a deep and shrewd thinker he is. Great trades so far, no arbitration offered to Moyer or Burrell and both will be walking.

He is once again, another of a long line of lapsitters for Dave Montgomery... They will make no major additions and say " we tried" yet the mets make two major additions to fix a problem....

gonna be a long season ahead
Bryan 3620

Whitehall, PA

#3 Dec 10, 2008
Money Ball wrote:
Jaramillo needs to learn another field position. I watched him all summer with the IronPigs and he is not defensively good enough to catch in the Major Leagues.
Thank you.
That's good to here because the numbers in this article did not add up.
I would like Pat back, but, I kind of knew it wouldn't happen.
I have no idea why they haven't signed Moyer yet.
dirty dog

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2008
ha ha, they have "pirate" and "catcher" in the same sentence!

thought this was about that meth head principal.....
IronPigs Fan

Whitehall, PA

#5 Jan 28, 2009
Jarmillo shouldnt have made the all star team last year
IronPigs Fan

Whitehall, PA

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Jaramillo shouldnt have made the all star team
Halo

Whitehall, PA

#7 Mar 23, 2009
WOW!! I thought Jaramillo was great! and would have made a great backup catcher for Ruiz!! So what if he cant hit. Not many catchers can. Not to mention... Iron Pigs lost a solid player. Phils loss..Pirates gain...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronny Paulino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mets rally against Rivera, avoid sweep by Yanks (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lets Play Ball 3
News Fred was right! Cubs thump Mets, 11-1 (May '11) May '11 Flushing Fan 1
News Recap: Philadelphia vs. NY Mets (May '11) May '11 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Marlins catcher Ronny Paulino suspended 50 game... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Bobby Logston 1
News Perfect Halladay not basking in accomplishment (May '10) May '10 Connie 2
News Roy Halladay throws perfect game against Marlins (May '10) May '10 Baltimore Birdtur... 1
News Marlins: Florida Marlins get Paulino to back up... (Mar '09) Mar '09 JUAN YANES 3
More from around the web