Workhorse Wells gets a day off for Jays

There are 2 comments on the Jun 5, 2009, Toronto Blue Jays story titled Workhorse Wells gets a day off for Jays. In it, Toronto Blue Jays reports that:

The Blue Jays wrapped up their series with the Angels on Thursday at Rogers Centre, and for the first time in 2009, center fielder Vernon Wells was nowhere to be found in Toronto's lineup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toronto Blue Jays.

Greg Kaiser

London, Canada

#1 Jun 14, 2009
In the past when Vernon Wells was hitting well - he would have a distinct "exhale" when he hit the ball. I haven't seen that recently??

Good luck Vernon! Your glove has been great - now we need your bat!
poetdot

Highfield, Canada

#2 Jun 14, 2009
I too love the way Vernon plays defence, I hope he comes out of the slump soon. Could he be hurting ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rod Barajas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Yankees work out preliminary deal with... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Hannahan 1
News Dodgers beat Phillies 3-0 behind Kuroda's 1-hitter (Aug '10) Aug '10 hung 1
News Chicago White Sox interested in Manny Ramirez (Aug '10) Aug '10 mulligan 3
News DODGERS: Barajas powers L.A. to 5-3 victory ove... (Aug '10) Aug '10 im back 1
News Team thrilled to hear Scully is returning (Aug '10) Aug '10 surf_morongo 2
News Mets trade C Barajas to Dodgers for cash (Aug '10) Aug '10 discocrisco 1
News Posada, Carlson suspended 3 games each (Sep '09) Sep '09 NYRfan 4
More from around the web