Tigers hold off Yankees 9th inning ra...

Tigers hold off Yankees 9th inning rally to even series

There are 1 comment on the WGIN-AM Portsmouth story from Oct 3, 2011, titled Tigers hold off Yankees 9th inning rally to even series. In it, WGIN-AM Portsmouth reports that:

The Yankees brought the winning run to the plate in the ninth, but Jose Valverde struck out postseason stalwart Derek Jeter and retired Game 1 hero Robinson Cano to finish off the Tigers' 5-3 victory and even this American League Division Series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGIN-AM Portsmouth.

Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Oct 4, 2011
There is no joy in Pudville-
-flailing Jeter has struck out (again and again)
-he disappears more often than a Yank-Me fan when the check for dinner is brought to the table

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robinson Cano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mariners aim to show how the West is won - Mond... Apr 4 LastPharts 2
News Seattle Mariners: As WBC Winds Down Players Return Mar '17 PlayersPhartss 2
News Another terrific spring for Mariners' Mike Zuni... Mar '17 TerrificPhartt 2
News MLB Players Up Their Game with Shots of Snake B... (Nov '11) Feb '17 Phart Over There 16
News Felix Hernandez out to "prove people wrong" aft... Feb '17 After phartz 2
News Previewing the Mariners in spring training: Inf... Feb '17 YouPhart 2
News Seeing Too Much Shawn O'Malley In 2017 Would Me... Jan '17 TooPharts 2
More from around the web