Blasts from past on spring training r...

Blasts from past on spring training rosters

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Blasts from past on spring training rosters. In it, Newsday reports that:

Lost amid everyone's roid rage over Alex Rodriguez in recent weeks has been, yes, spring training .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gravesassavior

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2009
This is an interesting piece, but why do writers always feel the need to embellish on guys like Danny Graves - "hailed as a savior" in 2005 with the Mets?
Really? By who? Find me one quote from 2005 from a met official "hailing" Graves as a "savior."
The guy was waived by the Red and the Mets took a mid-season gamble on him to fill out the middle ranks of the pen. Looper was the closer that whole year - turned out he was injured. If Graves was being looked at as a savior maybe they would have sat Looper for him?
Stick to the facts next time.
Jack

Jamaica, NY

#2 Feb 23, 2009
You can do it Glendon!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Vice: 5 Reasons Ozzie Guillen Will Fail w... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Lets Play Ball 3
News Inbox: Who should win NL Rookie of Year? (Sep '10) Sep '10 BionicBippy 1
News Cubs pitcher Rich Harden opts not to pitch in W... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 80
News Have the Reds Done Enough to Fill the Seats? (Jan '08) Jan '08 Zoey73 1
News This Time, Dunn Believes Trade Rumors (Jun '07) Jul '07 triple6vamp 4
News Mets edge Reds for Glavine's 298th victory (Jul '07) Jul '07 seaver the red sox 1
News Patience appears overrated for Mets' hitters (Jul '07) Jul '07 Rickey Henderson 2
More from around the web