To win the West, beat the West - Lama...

To win the West, beat the West - Lamar Ledger

There are 3 comments on the Lamar Ledger story from Jul 13, 2010, titled To win the West, beat the West - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

Just one win away from a tie in the National League Western Division. That`s where the Colorado Rockies were on Sunday just before the All-Star Break.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

Brian

Helena, MT

#1 Jul 13, 2010
the rockies never turn it on until after the all star break, so if history repeats we'll be sitting pretty in the coming months, but who knows. go rockies!
chocaholic

La Junta, CO

#2 Jul 14, 2010
Hope you're right Brian, its been a fun ride the lst few weeks!
Daniel Williams

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2010
And they have been doing exactly that for most of the season, the Rockies players will benefit from last years romp to the playoffs and are well aware that beating teams within their division will be the key. Getting more consistent on the road will be essential also.

The Rockies are in the enviable position of having some key players returning from the DL, while their replacements have exceeded expectations in their absence, so it should be interesting to see what roster moves they make in the coming weeks, however I have complete confidence in Tracy's ability to manage his personnel.

They have overcome all of the challenges the first half had to offer, even learning how to come back late in games, a sure sign of a good team. Remember this is a young team and they are still searching for their identity, I see a hungry team that will only get better in the remaining games.

Unchain the JUGGERNAUT, Go Rockies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Belisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado Rockies 5, Arizona Diamondbacks 3: Dic... (Aug '14) Aug '14 mark mearin 1
News Blake helps Dodgers slam Jimenez, Rockies (Aug '10) Aug '10 surf_morongo 1
News Marlins interested in Rockies' reliever Morillo (Apr '09) Apr '09 JUAN YANES 11
News Dodgers' Martin takes out frustration on Reds (Apr '08) Apr '08 Daniel 3
News Marlins stuck in downward spiral -- South Flori... (Aug '07) Aug '07 MimiTheCatLovesHe... 27
News Stuck in downward spiral (Aug '07) Aug '07 d mullins 1
News Livingston makes Reds rotation decision difficult (Mar '07) Mar '07 Richard 1
More from around the web