Johnson done for '08, but injury news a relief

Full story: Baltimore Sun 6
However, a magnetic resonance imaging Friday on his shoulder did reveal enough damage that team doctors recommended that Johnson be shut down for the rest of the season. Full Story
12345abc

Owings, MD

#1 Sep 7, 2008
Terry Crowley's comment that "We have something started here that is going to reap big benefits down the road" is so insane it should be a disqualifier for a job offer. Everyone grovels from time to time but this particular grovel is pathetic and refuted by facts in front of everybody's eyes. What they've got is a starting lineup comprised of unmotivated aging veterans, pitchers who are so mishandled they can't even throw the ball over the plate, and a manager and coaching staff who defend it all. It's past time for the nuclear option.
ken

Severna Park, MD

#2 Sep 7, 2008
with the pitching so horrible should the coaching staff be reshuffled?

“Ravens/Orioles fan in Jax Fla”

Since: Sep 07

Glen Burnie,Md(Jax Fla now)

#3 Sep 7, 2008
#1 Why do the Orioles have so many problems with the pitchers shoulders,maybe they are doing some thing wrong like pitching a guy every day.
#2 Oh,goody, they get to have the same manager and his useless staff next year
#3 Are they going to win another game this year,not with this lousy pitching staff.
Clarence

AOL

#4 Sep 7, 2008
A couple of weeks ago I wrote here about the effects of the constant bludgeoning this team was receiving because of the starting pitching . Now everybody says they are listless. Two things Andy McPhail has to address is the fact that not a single pitcher brought up this year has been close to ready mechanics on all of them are out of whack, They don't seem to be able to field their position, and lord knows they can't throw strikes. Second thing is something has to be wrong with their physical training for all these arm problems, either at the minor league level or at the major league level these can't all be an accident their is a definite pattern here.
HELLOBASEBALLFAN S

AOL

#5 Sep 8, 2008
I thought I had something to share about our team - but the first 3 or 4 posts about says it all - I love DT but his failure is his use of pitchers - maybe he should allow Kranitz more input -- he overuses our bird wings and I think he over manages the pitching to make it look like he is making decisions - I wish those thoughts would reach him and see if he is willing to change or is content with thinking his way is the best way
an oriole fan in arkansas
www.hellobaseballfans.com
NC Orioles Fan

Parlin, NJ

#6 Sep 8, 2008
Would the Orioles pitchers please give us O's fans a break with your careless, reckless way of pitching.

How in the world can so many pitchers from one team go down with "injuries?"

If you can't take care of yourselves, stay in the minors to learn how too.

For pete's sake, guys, exercise, exercise, exercise, condition, condition, condition. Is this really that hard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Albers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Prior Creates Roster Questions for Red Sox (Jun '12) Jun '12 Jim Penson 1
Orioles release ineffective Eaton; recall Albers (May '09) May '09 DARK STAR 4
Baltimore Orioles add Eaton to 25-man roster, o... (Apr '09) Apr '09 DARK STAR 2
Club releases Loewen, but likely not for long (Oct '08) Oct '08 Walt 61
Orioles' final report card (Sep '08) Oct '08 The 83 Os - the best 22
Loewen takes swing at being a hitter (Sep '08) Sep '08 Ghost Results 24
O's reliever Johnson done for the season (Sep '08) Sep '08 Rico 8
•••
•••

Matt Albers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••