No title

No title

There are 13 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 19, 2008, titled No title. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

S T. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The official statement from TBS was handed out in the Tropicana Field press box midway through Game 6 of the American League Championship Series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Jason

AOL

#1 Oct 19, 2008
The worst coverage of any network. I think I've heard them call the red sox, white sox about fifty times. Last night was the clincher.
Sammie

Palm Harbor, FL

#2 Oct 19, 2008
I'm bettin against the Red Sox. Call me naive, but ever hear the saying...every rose has it's thorn? Well the rosy Red Sox have a thorn in their side, and it's called the Tampa Bay Rays.

We are MORE than capable of beating them tonight. MORE THAN. Our boys have beat that team enough times to prove themselves in this season...now all they have to do is go out and do it ONE MORE TIME. Just ONE MORE TIME.

We weren't the Division Champions for no reason, right?

The fans stand behind their Rays....we are positive they can do this. Now is NOT the time to throw out negative thoughts.

We love you RAYS!!!!
Who is Your Papi

Bloomfield, CT

#3 Oct 19, 2008
Sammie, bring it on! Cannot argue, the Rays are a very good team but they are about to get a whooping from the Red Sox, the World Champions.
GO RED SOX!!!!
Sammie

Palm Harbor, FL

#4 Oct 19, 2008
Um...where's your Papi now? lol

Sorry, but I tried to warn you. The Rays are a better team than Boston this year, and this was the ultimate proof.:) See ya again next year.
jim in arizona

Show Low, AZ

#5 Oct 19, 2008
to sammy in clearwater

congratulations to your rays!

as a CHICAGO CUBS fan (& a native of CHICAGO),it hurts me to see my team do great in the season &+
absolutely "crumble" in the playoffs.
the RAYS have a great young team & they are CONFIDENT & unintimidated by anyone!!!!
GOOD LUCK! p.s. i hope the CUBS are watching this story unfold. PEACE!!!
Eva Chatfield

Palm Coast, FL

#6 Oct 19, 2008
Well the Rays beat our team tonight didn't they? Maybe if everybody would stop gloating and acting "entitled" this wouldnt' have happened.
Sammie

Palm Harbor, FL

#7 Oct 20, 2008
Thank you Jim!!! I have a special place in my heart for the Cubbies too.(((hug)))

Eva..I agree to a point also. The experts were saying that Boston would take the 7th game, just looking at their history. I say looking at history is fine, but banking on it, is wrong. A game is a game...if the Rays had taken that talk to heart, they should have just stayed home and forfeited, right?

Bottom line is, both of these teams deserved to be in the ALCS, they are warriors. This FELT like the World Series, didn't it? lol

Now...on to the Phillies.
Who is Your Papi

Bloomfield, CT

#8 Oct 22, 2008
congrats to Sammie and all Rays fans. You deserved to win and I will root for the Rays in the Series.

See ya next year.:)
Sammie

Palm Harbor, FL

#9 Oct 22, 2008
Awww...that's sweet, you're a good sport Papi!! Thank you!!

But do me a favor...root harder, the damned Phillies were a bit tough on us tonight. lol I'm not scared just yet...the Rays have this thing about losing the first game at home, for some reason. I think they like to torture us fans. lol

Go Rays!!!
Fan

Salem, CT

#10 Oct 22, 2008
Red sox smacked out of game 7. Aaaah, life is very good right now...
Sammie

Palm Harbor, FL

#11 Oct 24, 2008
Ok...just what I expected. The Rays were torturing us fans with that first game! Now onto Philly, and as much as I want the Rays to take the next 3 games, it would be nice if they could come home and win it here. What a treat that would be!

YES..I am a dreamer and an optimist. lol Go RAYS!!
Papi

Bloomfield, CT

#12 Oct 25, 2008
GO RAYS!!!!!!!!
Fan

New Haven, CT

#13 Oct 25, 2008
Life is very good, reason being is that the red sox are out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Beckett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jon Lester ready to help Chicago Cubs take step... (Feb '15) Feb '15 EARL SCOTT 1
News Red Sox's motivation for Jake Peavy trade is ea... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Grogan 1
News Los Angeles Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez Heats Up I... (Apr '13) May '13 Old Timer 2
News Boston Red Sox Jon Lester is Poised to Rebound ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Paul testa 1
News Boston Red Sox and LA Dodgers Trade in 2012 May... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Paul testa 2
News Cherington gives Red Sox dramatic makeover (Dec '12) Dec '12 Billy Ringo 2
News Signings and Trades that will save the Boston R... (Nov '12) Dec '12 Billy Ringo 2
More from around the web