Forget about the 2009 World Series fo...

Forget about the 2009 World Series for now. Sun sportswriters C...

There are 2 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 9, 2009, titled Forget about the 2009 World Series for now. Sun sportswriters C.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

CHAZ SCOGGINS: We're two-thirds of the way through the baseball season, Carm, and I'm still waiting for the Red Sox to start playing like the team that almost everyone thought back in March had an unbeatable pitching staff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Elio

AOL

#1 Aug 9, 2009
Frongillo.......You make me laugh out loud!

Your quote "Chaz what are you talking about? Let's face it, the Yanks essentially bought the AL East when they signed Teixeira"....I didn't hear you saying two weeks ago when the Yanks were 3 games behind the Red SUX & had beaten the Yanks 8-0...."Make up your mind"!!!!
Not this year

Detroit, MI

#2 Aug 9, 2009
It's time to face the fact that the Sox are the third best team in the AL east. They don't have a shortstop. They have a DH who can't hit. They have a catcher who can't hit, and they have a third baseman who can't run. On top of that, they don't hit enough home runs since Manny left and Ortiz disappeared. Their shot this year was to dominate with pitching; but that ended in the world baseball exhibition season. Why Sox management let Matzusaka pitch in that rediculous exercise is inexplicable as well as inexcusable. It's just TERRIBLE management!

For the Sox to have any chance to sneak into the playoffs, they need to establish a lineup of Yeuk at third, Kotchman at first and Matinez behind the plate. Lowell and Ortiz can platoon at DH for the rest of this year (and be replaced by a real DH by next year) and Varitek can spell Martinez when needed.

I love Tek, Papi and Mike with all my heart; but their day is done. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who's sick of competing for the wild card spot! How long has it been since the Sox won an AL east penant? Way TOO long!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Smoltz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 Hall of Fame class set to be unveiled Tuesday (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mensans 1
News This Date In Mets History: July 14 - Robin Vent... (Jul '12) Jul '12 XFlushing Fan 1
News The Book He Wanted to Write: A Review of John S... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hilda Mallard 1
John Boy: Braves closer in 2011? (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sixty Ft Six 1
News Shooter Now: Could Minnesota Twins turn to John... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Scruffy 23
News Source: Mets consider adding Smoltz (Jan '10) Jan '10 HelloNewman 3
News Red Sox release Smoltz; playing future in question (Aug '09) Aug '09 pat the painter 13
More from around the web