Chicago White renew Carlos Quentin's ...

Chicago White renew Carlos Quentin's contract for $550,000

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Chicago White renew Carlos Quentin's contract for $550,000. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Carlos Quentin wasn't griping about his $150,000 raise for 2009 after hitting 36 home runs last season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim Richards

Oswego, IL

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Carlos should have a clause in his contract, If you break your wrist with a bat like an idiot then you have to fulfill Nada Surf's fantasy and have relations with him.
mioilman

Traverse City, MI

#3 Feb 25, 2009
This back and forth between posters describing each others sexual proclivities has grown stale.

People's children probably read the dreck you guy's consider witty.

Get a job, get a wife, get a life but respect the site as a venue for "baseball fans" to share their thoughts.

Isolate trolls. Responding to persons who only communicate to enrage brings down the quality of exchange for everyone.

Go Sox!
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>The Ijust keep on coming with my homosexual fantasies.
Quite a night on here. I'm off to The Burn where people respect my salad tossing records.

Nada Queen of the Brokebacks
Well said Q
Jim Richards

Oswego, IL

#7 Feb 25, 2009
Nada, don't run from who you are. I will follow you wherever you post honey.
KW Fan

Lake Forest, IL

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
I have fans from all walks of life.
Based on your posts over the last few days, I'd say most of them are patrons of your favorite local gay bar, The Burn. He has been going on for days about his life there, take a look
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/chicago-tri...
Chico17

La Crosse, WI

#11 Feb 26, 2009
Mioilman: Well said! Absolutely sad the about the adolescent non baseball crap that has infected the boards.
mioilman

United States

#12 Feb 26, 2009
Chico, you're the man.
Fan

Buffalo Grove, IL

#14 Feb 26, 2009
I always thought that Nada Surf is a eunuch.
Jim Richards

Oswego, IL

#15 Feb 26, 2009
Fan wrote:
He's a catcher, not a pitcher.
Delinquent

Buffalo Grove, IL

#16 Feb 26, 2009
Fan wrote:
In which case, I'll bet he has a beautiful singing voice.
deputydawg

Nashville, TN

#17 Feb 26, 2009
Please you queens keep you r personal lives in the personals this is a sports blog not for fairies to exchange platitudes.
Patrick

United States

#18 Feb 26, 2009
Rocky Mountain News is out of business. Maybe the Trib can get Bernie Lincicome back and put Morrissey back at the Pennysaver.
Nada Surf

United States

#19 Feb 26, 2009
deputydawg wrote:
Please you queens keep you r personal lives in the personals this is a sports blog not for fairies to exchange platitudes.
Well said!
Jim Richards

Oswego, IL

#20 Feb 26, 2009
Nada, you and I are the same person. As long as you keep posting, so will I. We're together forever sweetie!
Laser Beams

Buffalo Grove, IL

#21 Feb 26, 2009
This is a raise for Quentin?! This guy has to be one of the best bargains in baseball if he carries through this season like last year!

Hopefully, he won't do anything dumb to cost himself time on the field again.
Nada Surf

United States

#22 Feb 26, 2009
Jim Richards wrote:
Nada, you and I are the same person. As long as you keep posting, so will I. We're together forever sweetie!
But you're 1800 miles away.
Tom

Menomonee Falls, WI

#23 Feb 26, 2009
Chico17 wrote:
Mioilman: Well said! Absolutely sad the about the adolescent non baseball crap that has infected the boards.
Let's hope that this Nada Surf character doesn't locate the Blackhawk boards.
Nada Surf

United States

#24 Feb 26, 2009
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope that this Nada Surf character doesn't locate the Blackhawk boards.
I used to be a huge hockey fan...
But the NHL has been the poorest form of hockey now for several decades so you won't have to worry about me going over there...
You'll have to enjoy me mainly on the Sox and Bulls boards.
I do say hi to the Cubs now and then, too.

here to help
Nada
Jim Richards

Oswego, IL

#25 Feb 26, 2009
Remember what you said about Quentin last year...
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>He's had one good month...
You know the game pretty well?
Ever played?
Coached?
Covered the sport?
I have the feeling that Quentin is going to finish with a .235 average and out of the lineup within a month or so.
You're so silly Nada <3
Nada Surf

United States

#26 Feb 26, 2009
Jim Richards wrote:
Remember what you said about Quentin last year...<quoted text>
You're so silly Nada <3
He hit a bit higher and I was off a month or so.
Big deal.
He did better than I thought he would, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Danks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McCann's 3-run HR lifts Braves past White Sox, 6-4 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Guest 1
News Exclusive: Donny Lucy retires from Major League... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ozzie Guillen 3
News Minnesota Twins base-running antics continue (May '11) May '11 Army CPT at Ft Lee 2
News White Sox 6, Twins 1: Minnesota falls back into... (Aug '10) Aug '10 CamelTow 8
News No Royalty: Why the Chicago White Sox Should Pa... (Jul '10) Jul '10 CWS fan 1
News Fresher Joe Mauer gets back into swing of things (Jul '10) Jul '10 voted 15
News Danks settles down as White Sox rough up Hanson... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ozzie Guillen 1
More from around the web