Chicago Cubs' Milton Bradley shows hi...

Chicago Cubs' Milton Bradley shows his diplomatic side

There are 46 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 11, 2009, titled Chicago Cubs' Milton Bradley shows his diplomatic side. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Milton Bradley introduced his diplomatic side over the weekend in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, it was not televised.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disgusted

Calumet City, IL

#1 May 11, 2009
Bradley is so full of crap, he should hire out as fertilizer. There are other Cubs that see the same umpires and same pitches and manage to hit the ball. These same umpires see most of the teams during the season. Bradley himself has had higher averages in the past. So unless he can prove that there is a sudden umpire conspiracy that just started this year, he should shut up and hit the ball.
Lou

Chicago, IL

#2 May 11, 2009
Oh he's such a good guy!
Wait till 2108

Westmont, IL

#3 May 11, 2009
Nice try, but about 20 seconds of that conversation was actually televised.
100 Years of Futility

Las Vegas, NV

#4 May 11, 2009
He should have been ejected...You don't argue balls and strikes...Standing there discussing it is showing up the umpire...
Nick

Wayne, IL

#5 May 11, 2009
Bradley is NUTS.

He THINKS he's being respectful, but he's just digging himself in DEEPER.

Just bark and walk away like everone else. Now he's an authority on the strikezone.

He's a SELFISH punk. He had the opportunity to serve the suspension while he was hurt, thereby helping the team. Instead our $30 million man opted to say it was principle while thinking of HIMSELF over the TEAM.

What a crybaby.

Thanks you Jim Hendry for forcing us to endure this GAME BOY for 3 years.

(sigh)
Jose

Pineville, KY

#6 May 11, 2009
If he would just produce like he is supposed to do. Then I would not care what he does, as long as he helps the Cubs win. For now looks like a waste of money on someone with anger management issues!!!!
Larry

Olympia Fields, IL

#7 May 11, 2009
Bradley is a good guy, he just has some passion which is what the Cubs need.
Disgusted wrote:
Bradley is so full of crap, he should hire out as fertilizer. There are other Cubs that see the same umpires and same pitches and manage to hit the ball. These same umpires see most of the teams during the season. Bradley himself has had higher averages in the past. So unless he can prove that there is a sudden umpire conspiracy that just started this year, he should shut up and hit the ball.
Rob Serwer

Chicago, IL

#9 May 11, 2009
Let me get this straight.

Milton acts like a civilized human being. And this is news? This is a headline?

Geeze Paulie - I understand you are trying to suck up to Milton here, but can you at least be somewhat professional about it?
Lou

AOL

#10 May 12, 2009
Assuming the comments above are from Cub fans Im beginning to realize that the Cubs biggest problem is Cub fans. Let's give the team a break,and that includes MB..if it's not Bradley,then it some other player...Been a cub fan myself for many years,and the biggest change has been in Cub fans,and it aint been constructive.....
Nick

Chicago, IL

#11 May 12, 2009
Just some more propaganda to feed the masses. I've never seen such a huge collection of sheep eager to believe the crap that is put out there for consumption
Art

Long Island City, NY

#12 May 12, 2009
I have to agree with Lou, what the hell is wrong with you people? It's tough enough enduring season after season with no playoff success but now we have all of these whiny, self-loathing hateful Cubs fans who are always looking for the next thing to complain about.

I wonder if Bradley was hitting .330 with 6 homers and 25 ribbies right now if everyone would have the same comments about him. You people need to relax. I'm the biggest sports fan in the world but ultimately you all need to start realizing that this is a GAME. It's nothing to get so resentful about. This frigging mob mentality that i've seen this year from the Cubs fans is ridiculous.

Stick to hating the Brewers, Cardinals and the South Siders - I know it can be frustrating to be a Cubs fan but the constant negativity towards the same people - namely Piniella, Bradley, Derrek Lee, the bullpen - while maybe some criticism is warranted - is getting really old.

The ivy is coming in, it's starting to warm up, our team, despite a rough start is still right in the hunt. Relax, have a beer, whiskey or scotch, and enjoy the summer.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#13 May 12, 2009
Art wrote:
I have to agree with Lou, what the hell is wrong with you people? It's tough enough enduring season after season with no playoff success but now we have all of these whiny, self-loathing hateful Cubs fans who are always looking for the next thing to complain about.
I wonder if Bradley was hitting .330 with 6 homers and 25 ribbies right now if everyone would have the same comments about him. You people need to relax. I'm the biggest sports fan in the world but ultimately you all need to start realizing that this is a GAME. It's nothing to get so resentful about. This frigging mob mentality that i've seen this year from the Cubs fans is ridiculous.
Stick to hating the Brewers, Cardinals and the South Siders - I know it can be frustrating to be a Cubs fan but the constant negativity towards the same people - namely Piniella, Bradley, Derrek Lee, the bullpen - while maybe some criticism is warranted - is getting really old.
The ivy is coming in, it's starting to warm up, our team, despite a rough start is still right in the hunt. Relax, have a beer, whiskey or scotch, and enjoy the summer.
That's nauseating.
Bart

Humble, TX

#14 May 12, 2009
Lou wrote:
Assuming the comments above are from Cub fans Im beginning to realize that the Cubs biggest problem is Cub fans. Let's give the team a break,and that includes MB..if it's not Bradley,then it some other player...Been a cub fan myself for many years,and the biggest change has been in Cub fans,and it aint been constructive.....
I could not have said it better myself. I think most of the people who are Cubs fans are complete idiots, and are the biggest contributors to the futility of the franchise. When the team is having consecutive losing seasons, they continue to fill the ballpark, because winning is not important. Admiring the beauty of Wrigley Field is important. Now that the organization is a contender they nit pick at individual players. I wonder how good the team would be, if the Cubs did fire Hendry and Piniela, while trading Lee, Bradley, Soriano and others that they criticize. Throw a rope; not a rock.

“2008 is not our year??? It may”

Since: Dec 07

VIRGINIA, Il

#15 May 12, 2009
Is Bradley well liked my his team mates here in Chicago? He seems to have no friends on the bench even after hitting a home run. Or were they just "giving " him a playful cold shoulder? Just wondering.

“2008 is not our year??? It may”

Since: Dec 07

VIRGINIA, Il

#16 May 12, 2009
Bart, when you have rooted for a team for a "CENTURY" ,and they have been LOSERS most of the time, WE ARE ALLOWED TO BOO LOUSY PLAY. Take off your rose-colored glasses, please and smell the stink.
Sorry ano

Gurnee, IL

#17 May 12, 2009
Art wrote:
- while maybe some criticism is warranted - is getting really old.
Well said. However, I must comment that I've seldom seen a player step out of the box after a few consecutive pitches and give hand gesture "comments" on ball/strike calls. That was bizarre.
John Anthony

United States

#18 May 12, 2009
Bob

Chicago, IL

#19 May 12, 2009
[i]Is Bradley well liked my his team mates here in Chicago? He seems to have no friends on the bench even after hitting a home run. Or were they just "giving " him a playful cold shoulder? Just wondering.[/i]
He seems to be well-liked by the team. It was like a week ago he and Theriot were hugging after the Riot hit a homer and making silly bets.
Bart

Humble, TX

#20 May 12, 2009
EARL SCOTT JR wrote:
Bart, when you have rooted for a team for a "CENTURY" ,and they have been LOSERS most of the time, WE ARE ALLOWED TO BOO LOUSY PLAY. Take off your rose-colored glasses, please and smell the stink.
You must be really old, if you have rooted for the Cubs for a century. I understand the right to boo, but it is knowing when to boo that is the issue. If that was Aramis or Soto who argued that call, Cubs fans would be enraged with the umpire instead of the player. Bradley is a Cub. If you are a Cub fan, support Bradley too. If the Cubs have a losing season, show the team your disdain by staying home instead of going to the games and encouraging the organization not to put up a winning team because they sell out every game anyway. Hendry, Piniela and all the players (which includes Lee Bradley and Soriano) are trying to bring a winner to the north side, but they get little if any support from the fans.I do not have rose colored glasses, but I do recognize the effort. I have been a Cubs fan, since the early 60's, and the Hendry regime is the third time I noticed that the Cubs were serious about winning. The first time was in the late 60's when John Holland and Leo Durocher were in charge. When that group failed to win they gave up trying to win. The second time was in the early 80's when Tribune bought the Cubs, but after the playoff loss in 84 the organization quit trying again. We have had two disappointing seasons in the playoffs.The good news is two consecutive post-season appearance, but this time it seems the organization is persevering and determined to continue fighting, until that goal is reached. Bradley is an outstanding ball player. Support him and encourage him to be the productive player he can be instead of trying to run him out of town and be replaced by another Jerry Hairston.
Edward de Vere

Laurel, MD

#21 May 12, 2009
Art wrote:
I wonder if Bradley was hitting .330 with 6 homers and 25 ribbies right now if everyone would have the same comments about him.
Yeah, well he's not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kendall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Around the horn: White Sox announcers pick on u... (Aug '10) Aug '10 CWS fan 1
News Soxa s rally falls short (Jul '10) Jul '10 The Dictionary 1
News Royals Win Series Against Cardinals (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bear 1
News Cameron, 4 other Brewers file for free agency (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jacob Braun 1
News Milwaukee Brewers: Cameron, Kendall, Lopez lead... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Steve 1
News Nick Blackburn's error ruins his superb night o... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Oh Danny Boy 16
News Liriano wins for first time in six weeks for Mi... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Former MN in AZ 7
More from around the web