Dodgers starter Kuroda struck in head...

Dodgers starter Kuroda struck in head by line drive; L.A. loses

There are 2 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Aug 15, 2009, titled Dodgers starter Kuroda struck in head by line drive; L.A. loses. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

A scary injury to pitcher Hiroki Kuroda put a tough loss in perspective for the Dodgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

CARSON DODGER FAN

Northridge, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2009
TORRE, GO CLOSER BY COMMITEE, MAINLY GOING WITH SHERRIL RIGHT NOW, BEFORE WE LOSE OUR LEAD. THAT'S 3 OUT OF 6 BROXTON HAS BLOWN. REST HIM FOR 2-3 WEEKS THEN BRING HIM BACK FOR ANOTHER SHOT. MIGHTI BE A CONFIDENCE THING, OR THE LEAGUE HAS FINALLY FIGURED HIM OUT?
surf_morongo

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Carson Dodger Fan,

I have to agree with you. Put Broxton and his toe on the DL for 15 days. He can come back on September 1 when the rosters expand.

But wa have to look at signing Schmoltz, Colletti has been talking with his agent and the Red Sox. The guy still has game and would love to be back in the National League. He could fill that long relief spot because your going to need Weaver to do short relief if Kuroda and Billingsley can't make their next starts. I am sure Kuroda won't.

Hiroki gets all my respect, man I have not seen a shot like that in a long time. Dude has good thick skull, thats an asset.

I have to say that AZ is low class, Kuroda takes a beaning and and ambulance ride and their P.A. announcer starts the Beat LA sound byte, what a putz. They still don't know crap about baseball there. It will always be a second class baseball city, its like their fans all want to be little Giant wannabees and they have to act like buttheads.

I think we all owe Kuroda a beer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerardo Parra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mets' Harvey fans 11, notches victory in his debut (Jul '12) Jul '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News The Arizona Diamondbacks Pay Their Latinos $500... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Drunk Drivers Kil... 1
News BASEBALL: Kuroda hit by line drive, hospitalize... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Time For A Change 1
News Dodgers' one strike is enough (Jun '09) Jun '09 Lalo 1
News Rays, Astros managers goof lineup cards, still ... (May '09) May '09 Cub Talk 8
More from around the web