Yankees, CC prove that winning can't last forever

There are 3 comments on the Jul 2, 2009, Newsday story titled Yankees, CC prove that winning can't last forever. In it, Newsday reports that:

All things, good and bad, eventually come to an end, even seven-game winning streaks on a night when your $161-million ace is on the mound and a .500 team is in the opposing dugout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Joe

Ridge, NY

#1 Jul 3, 2009
By season's end, Sabathia will be okay, unless he has an injury. I don't think they need to worry about him being a bust.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#2 Jul 3, 2009
Joe wrote:
By season's end, Sabathia will be okay, unless he has an injury. I don't think they need to worry about him being a bust.
CC is fine right now. He had a bad game, but has been pitching very well after a slow start, which is the norm for him. EVEYONE has a bad game now and then.
still an a-hole Wally

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Jul 3, 2009
idiot. You continue to suck more than any other writer at Newsday. On the eve of Gehrig's speech, I wish it was you, not the Iron Horse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Gutierrez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inbox: Who will Mariners' biggest surprise be i... Dec '14 johnnyj 1
News Why the Austin Jackson trade is bigger than Aus... (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnnyj 1
News Seattle Mariners' Franklin Gutierrez will miss ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Bob 1
News Seattle Mariners trade target: Juan Lagares (Dec '13) Dec '13 johnnyj 1
News Gutierrez fights to block SC worker's deportation (Mar '12) Mar '12 spytheweb 20
News Seattle's Erik Bedard outpitches Twins' Brian D... (May '11) May '11 TC Florida 2
News Mariners Attendance Surprisingly Low Despite Su... (May '11) May '11 Alex Budlinger 1
More from around the web