Trevor Plouffe could be the infield l...

Trevor Plouffe could be the infield leader Twins have been looking for

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 7, 2011, titled Trevor Plouffe could be the infield leader Twins have been looking for. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire is tired of watching his defense miss cutoff men, of seeing his outfielders throw to the wrong base and allow a runner to advance and erase the chance of a double play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

brachiosaurus

Braintree, MA

#1 May 8, 2011
Although it's good news that we may have found this year's shortstop, these issues should have been resolved during the off-season and through spring training. Many of us had faith in Gardenhire's judgment regarding his infielders. Clearly, he made a mistake with Casilla, who seems much more comfortable at 2nd base, and perhaps with Nishioka, who had been playing shortstop for the past couple seasons in Japan. Casilla is back to being a mess, and Nishioka is recovering from a broken leg.

Yesterday in Boston Luke Hughes didn't impress much. He looked as if he was swinging for the fences all the time. He could probably stand to gain a little bit more maturity. Perhaps he just needs more at-bats.
jimbo92107

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 8, 2011
Trevor Plouffe is going to be a great shortstop. Serious pop in that bat. His homer over the Monster was on a knuckler that was almost face-high. Who else on this team does that? Nobody but Delmon Young. I think Plouffe is going to tear up the league. Use him while we can still afford his services.

Of course, I'm sure the Washington Nationals would trade us a decent relief pitcher for him. BYI, Wilson Ramos has cooled off a bit; now he's batting only .319.
TC Florida

Cocoa Beach, FL

#3 May 8, 2011
I like that the team is taking a serious look at Plouffe at SS. I onluy wish they would do the same for Hughes at 2nd. I do think that Hughes deserves some serious consideration there, but is treated as a guy marking time in the bigs while Nishioka rehabs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Francisco Liriano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at the 2013 Minnesota Twins' Payroll (Jul '12) Jul '12 Brad 1
News Twins rotation gets little help in offseason (Feb '12) Feb '12 out of race by may 1
News Twins catcher Drew Butera is solid behind the p... (May '11) May '11 Baseball Question 3
News Francisco Liriano shows his no-hitter was no fluke (May '11) May '11 brachiosaurus 2
News Tom Powers: It's Human Frailties Night at Targe... (May '11) May '11 good news is 13
News Twins pitcher Francisco Liriano isn't looking f... (May '11) May '11 blah_trah 2
News Shooter Now: Matching Vander Meer was minor fea... (May '11) May '11 Edge 1
More from around the web