Afternoon Relief

Afternoon Relief

There are 1 comment on the Viva El Birdos story from May 10, 2012, titled Afternoon Relief. In it, Viva El Birdos reports that:

The Cardinals bullpen has been quite good this year. They are in the top half of MLB in terms of ERA and #7 if you evaluate them on their peripherals with FIP.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Viva El Birdos.

lou

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 12, 2012
I am impressed with Cardinal's reliever lefty Marc Rzepczynski' pitching. This guy comes in around the 8th inning usually and quietly snuffs out batters one after another. Then he is gone. Occasionally, a good batter can actually get a run on Marc, but not often. I call him the quiet man. I watched him fan Prince Fielder not once, but twice in a single game last season during the playoffs. The expression on Prince Fielder's face after Marc struck him out the 2'nd time in a single game was priceless. Afterwards, Marc quietly disappeared. Marc must have le ft Prince Fielder scratching his head and wondering who was that guy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernando Salas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cardinals off to World Series after beating Bre... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Old Sam 2
News Roster Management in 2011; the Cardinals of 2012 (Aug '11) Aug '11 PackerBacker-Wich... 2
News Pujols' HR leads Cardinals over Reds 4-1 (Jul '11) Jul '11 Baby Boy Carpenter 1
News The Cardinals have a VERY Favorable 2nd Half sc... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Jocko 1
News The New York Mets, New York's Most Beloved Team... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Flushing Fan 1
More from around the web