Hernandez's slam off Santana dooms Mets

Hernandez's slam off Santana dooms Mets

There are 24 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 24, 2008, titled Hernandez's slam off Santana dooms Mets. In it, Newsday reports that:

So much for a managerial change doing much to make Shea Stadium anything more than the toxic brew of negativity it has been since the home opener.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MinnyJohn

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jun 24, 2008
It's the hitting, stupid. It's a sad day when you have to eagerly wait for Ryan Church to get over another concussion. But as long as Delgado and Castillo stink up the place, we're shot.

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#25 Jun 25, 2008
keith must be in his 50s by now. I am surprised the mets didn't take a chance on him.
Rich

Passaic, NJ

#26 Jul 1, 2008
I know Wright made a bad play and the inning could have been over, but Santana is paid many millions of dollars to be able to pitch his way out of that error especially when pitching to a pitcher. It is the first grand slam by a AL pitcher in 37 years. Come on people stop making excuses for Santana. Yes Wright didn't do his job but neither did Santana. I am a Yankees fan and trying to be objective and I would take a player like Wright over Santana any day . The guy plays with his heart. If you guys don't want him we will take him we need his heart in our lineup.
I know it All

Passaic, NJ

#27 Jul 1, 2008
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
And they get Pavano, Randy, Igawa, Farnsworth, and The Rocket Man. Great scouts. Smart money.
At least the Yankees learn from their mistakes. The Yankees are building from within now. If you follow them you know they have so many good pitching prospects the future can only be bright. Stop being a hater. The Yankees will always rule New York and in the long run Baseball. Live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Felix Hernandez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dipoto not stopping in overhauling Mariners roster (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Oakland A's at Seattle Mariners: Series preview (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Cruz hits 14th HR, Hernandez pitches Mariners p... (May '15) May '15 Fartman 2
News Ma s notebook: Paxton plans more aggressive app... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 3
News Mariners look good for shot at MLB playoffs (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Joe Maddon leaving Tampa Bay Rays (Oct '14) Oct '14 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Mariners still in playoff race, beat Angels in 11 (Sep '14) Sep '14 johnnyj 1
More from around the web