Easley's HR in 10th a life preserver;...

Easley's HR in 10th a life preserver; Endy's bunt wins it in 12th

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Easley's HR in 10th a life preserver; Endy's bunt wins it in 12th. In it, Newsday reports that:

On a night when the starting lineup on the highest-scoring team in the National League couldn't manage a single run against the Rockies, manager Willie Randolph put in a call to his reserve unit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Dave

Lutz, FL

#1 Apr 25, 2007
I am happy the Mets are winning but it seems to me that there is a big problem. The Mets committed alot of money to David Wright over the next half decade. What if David Wright is one of these flash in the pans . I do not know what it is , if its the pitchers have figured him out or letting the pressure get to him. Its clear to me hes not the same player the Mets gave the big contract to. I hope I am wrong about this because I am a big Mets fan . But I call it as I see it.
MRM

New York, NY

#2 Apr 25, 2007
Dave wrote:
I am happy the Mets are winning but it seems to me that there is a big problem. The Mets committed alot of money to David Wright over the next half decade. What if David Wright is one of these flash in the pans . I do not know what it is , if its the pitchers have figured him out or letting the pressure get to him. Its clear to me hes not the same player the Mets gave the big contract to. I hope I am wrong about this because I am a big Mets fan . But I call it as I see it.
Are you serious?! The guy is in an early-season batting slump and you are ready to write the guy off. You may be a big Met fan but you must not know baseball very well. The talent he has will translate into a long successfull career. He is no Mike Vail. I guarantee he will be around 25 100 .300 by season's end. And don't worry about home runs. We have enough guys who can provide them.

“HMETALNYMETSVAL”

Since: Apr 07

Floral Park, NY

#3 Apr 25, 2007
BEAUTIFUL WIN! JUST BEAUTIFUL! HEY THATS WHY US METS FANS GOTTA ALWAYS BELIEVE!- Valerie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endy Chavez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Offseason challenges facing the Mariners (Oct '09) Oct '09 scott 1
News Mets trade Aaron Heilman, Endy Chavez, Joe Smit... (Dec '08) Feb '09 DirtyWater 29
News Mets' Minaya turns attention to starters (Dec '08) Dec '08 the blogfather 11
News Mets acquire Putz in huge swap (Dec '08) Dec '08 Big Papi 4
News Tatis separates shoulder, likely done for '08 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Metsfan86 2
News METS 6, BREWERS 5: Win after failure (Sep '08) Sep '08 Ken Strong 19
News Beltran injured after collision with umpire (Sep '08) Sep '08 nostephanfan 10
More from around the web