Mets need to learn to turn page on '07

Full story: Newsday

Jerry Manuel referred to them as "demons" or "rascals." Others prefer ghosts or goblins.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
tf330fan

Twin Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Judged:

It's not last year that's haunting them, it's their bullpen. 23 blown saves!?
statement

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

No Willie----no repeat!!!
Mets Win

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

OH! How about that Dominant Philly Pen! HAHAHA,
Coming through big yet again!

Marlins and Phils both fail to take advantage of the Mets night off.
Mets Win

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Oh and did anyone watch the Cubs game? Well I did, and Ramirez stood and admired his grand slam for a good few seconds before rounding the bases. Then he came out for a curtain call. And then after the final out, the Cubs players were doing the SAME THING as the Mets and jumping in to each other celebrating.

Yeah, But it's ONLY THE METS who celebrate obnoxiously right PHILLY and YANK fans?
diehardfanin houston

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

by the way, the Mets has a day off tonight; therefore, i found myself watching and rooting for the Cubies to beat up on the cry babies Phillies...Cole Hammel was nasty through 7 innings, and long and behold, the Phillies bullpen choked up 5 runs...so much for Brad "the light's still on" Lidge talked about how their bullpen is much better than the Mets...well, if memory serves me correctly, they gave up 4 runs to the Mets on Wednesday and 5 tonight...so Brad and Jimmy, shut the f* up, stop crying, and worry about your own performance.
Let's go Mets!!!
dud dew

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

A nice, gritty win. But they still've got to show they can do it, if needed, in the last few weeks. Bullpens are scary for both sides.
Phils' showing signs of wear and tear again in Chicago tonight, and Brad Lidge, impressive as his season has been so far,has got to show he's all the way back in his head by doing it in September. Of course, the Mets have no one even to take that test right now::-)
Mets Win

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Judged:

dud dew wrote:
A nice, gritty win. But they still've got to show they can do it, if needed, in the last few weeks. Bullpens are scary for both sides.
Phils' showing signs of wear and tear again in Chicago tonight, and Brad Lidge, impressive as his season has been so far,has got to show he's all the way back in his head by doing it in September. Of course, the Mets have no one even to take that test right now::-)
Wagner will be back, and that Philly lineup got shut down by Ayala last night. I wouldn't worry about us there philly boy. Even with all our blown saves, we're still in 1st. What does that say about your team, huh?
Imagine how far our "mediocre" team would be ahead if our bullpen was on it.
And imagine what will happen if the Mets Pen rights the ship and bares down.

Better start worrying about your own team and spend some time away from here talking smack. No wonder Rollins is so concserned with how we're celebrating, he can't focus and neither can the Philly fans.
ROB

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Mets Win wrote:
<quoted text>
Wagner will be back, and that Philly lineup got shut down by Ayala last night. I wouldn't worry about us there philly boy. Even with all our blown saves, we're still in 1st. What does that say about your team, huh?
Imagine how far our "mediocre" team would be ahead if our bullpen was on it.
And imagine what will happen if the Mets Pen rights the ship and bares down.
Better start worrying about your own team and spend some time away from here talking smack. No wonder Rollins is so concserned with how we're celebrating, he can't focus and neither can the Philly fans.
The pen has been a disaster for about a year and you're expecting them to right the ship and "bare" down. Good luck with that.
Mets Win

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
The pen has been a disaster for about a year and you're expecting them to right the ship and "bare" down. Good luck with that.
Who's in first Moron?

The Phillies with the better pen or the Mets?
Yeah, that Phillie Pen sure looked awesome the last 2 nights. They really show up against the good teams!
ROB

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Why is it that someone instantly becomes a moron once they disagree with you? The season is far from over and it doesnt really matter who's in first because they were in first this time last year and we all know how well that went. Two games does not make a season.
Are you in the witness protection program? Why the different name for every occasion? I read these posts on a daily basis but seldom participate and talking with you gives me a clearer understanding as to why. You see yourself as a self annointed genius while others see you as something a lot different. The name calling is childish but when considering the source it all makes sense.
ROB

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Mets Win wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's in first Moron?
The Phillies with the better pen or the Mets?
Yeah, that Phillie Pen sure looked awesome the last 2 nights. They really show up against the good teams!
The above post is directed at you, "Mets Win" or whomever you choose to be today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Endy Chavez Discussions

Search the Endy Chavez Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Offseason challenges facing the Mariners (Oct '09) Oct '09 scott 1
Mets trade Aaron Heilman, Endy Chavez, Joe Smit... (Dec '08) Feb '09 DirtyWater 29
Mets' Minaya turns attention to starters (Dec '08) Dec '08 the blogfather 11
Mets acquire Putz in huge swap (Dec '08) Dec '08 Big Papi 4
Tatis separates shoulder, likely done for '08 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Metsfan86 2
METS 6, BREWERS 5: Win after failure (Sep '08) Sep '08 Ken Strong 19
Beltran injured after collision with umpire (Sep '08) Sep '08 nostephanfan 10
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••