Jose Reyes for Dustin Ackley Can Help...

Jose Reyes for Dustin Ackley Can Help Both New York Mets and Seattle Mariners

There are 7 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Jose Reyes for Dustin Ackley Can Help Both New York Mets and Seattle Mariners. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

With Jose Reyes announcing last week that he will not negotiate with the New York Mets during the 2011 season, perhaps this a sign that the Mets should consider making a move? Until now, most teams shopping for Reyes have offered little in return; however, the Seattle Mariners , with a package featuring Dustin Ackley and two or three additional ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

johnnyj

Shelton, WA

#1 Jun 28, 2011
come on you don't trade away a guy that has this much promise. Don't you remember the Jones trade. I've followed the Mariner's for a long time and this year is the 1st time in a long time that's it's been any fun watching them. The man needing to be traded is Figgins, Wilson, Cust, and then maybe one of our up and coming outfielders.
Flushing Fan

Forest Hills, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2011
Lay off trading Jose, most of the Met trades have fallen as flat as a pancake and gave no positive results for the team.
Any trades must be done to benefit the Mets and not weaken the infrastructure.
So, please stop playing GM and let it all play out to the wildcard.
Billy Ringo

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2011
That's a terrible trade for the M's. Giving up a lot of talent for a lazy, prima donna.
FWBrodie

Bremerton, WA

#4 Jul 1, 2011
Yeah f***ing right.

Ackley alone is a big fat N-O, and you think the Mets are getting Franklin as well so that the Mariners can have 3 leadoff hitters in their lineup for a couple months? Get outta here.
me again losers

Douglasville, GA

#5 Jul 4, 2011
baseball most boring thing on t.v. (besides reality shows)
Billy Ringo

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2011
Reyes is out again - this time a "strained" hammy? They should put a dress on this guy - he plays like a little girl.
Lets Play Ball

Tonawanda, NY

#7 Jul 6, 2011
The Mets, like the Chicago White Sox are overshadowed by the Chicago darlings, The Cubbies.
Though I don't know why.
The Cubs haven't produced.

So it is with The Mets, overshadowed by The Yankees. But playing in a tough division against The Phillies. Though a Yankee fan, I like The Mets as well. And The Subway Series is always enjoyable for all NY fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dustin Ackley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blanchette: Fans can't fail to notice Mariners'... (Apr '16) Apr '16 johnnyj 1
News Mariners acquire 3 lefty prospects for Lowe (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Ma s notebook: Rodney back to closing? (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News M's call up Danny Farquhar, DFA Rickie Weeks (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Rodney Gives Up Rays Ninth-Inning Blast, Marine... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News A quick look at some of the M's numbers in April (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 3
News McClendon shuffles lineup to keep bench sharp (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
More from around the web