Reds rip Cubs with 7 homers

Reds rip Cubs with 7 homers

There are 44 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Reds rip Cubs with 7 homers. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

David Ross hit two of Cincinnati's seven homers Thursday, a long-ball barrage that included Ken Griffey Jr.'s 605th, and the Reds beat the Cubs 12-7 to avoid a three-game sweep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Portland Cub Fan

Bellevue, WA

#1 Jul 10, 2008
Oh, well. I was hoping for a 5-1 homestand, and perhaps that is still possible, but probably unlikely with Lincecum pitching this weekend.

Lilly is finally in the right spot-#4 starter. All we need from him is to be an innings-eater ever 5 days, and today he couldn't even do that. Too bad when a $10M a year guy can't win with 7 runs of support.

Nice to see that the bats are heating up, for the most part.....
Batboy

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2008
HAHAHA!
Batboy

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2008
Shouldn't the headline read:

A good home-run hitting team beats a good hom-run pitching team.

HAHAHA!
Cubs Blow

United States

#4 Jul 10, 2008
Zambrano should take each of the pitchers, that pitched in today's game, and bich slap them around for about 2 hours each. Maybe then they will learn the skille of the mighty BIG Z!!!
Cubs Blow

United States

#5 Jul 10, 2008
SKILLS!!!
Marshall

Waukegan, IL

#6 Jul 10, 2008
oh well can't win 'em all...
Dan From Guthrie

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 10, 2008
Lilly,Wuertz and Lieber all pretty much stunk it up today! Oh well, we will look past this one. Go Cubs!!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 10, 2008
Good thing the Cubbies shored up that pitching, eh?
cubsfan

Greer, SC

#10 Jul 10, 2008
come on cubs, that was horrible

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11 Jul 10, 2008
Good thing the Cubbies beefed up the pitching, eh?
vbear

Wheaton, IL

#12 Jul 10, 2008
When the wind is blowing out they shouldn't let Ted Lilly near the field. If he would have pitched 9 innings he would have given up over 15 homers.
Marshall

Waukegan, IL

#13 Jul 10, 2008
Oh well...
Micah

Canada

#14 Jul 10, 2008
If Sean Marshall was good enough to be a #5 starter before the Harden trade, why couldn't he have followed Ted Lilly today ? The Reds have a lot of left handed hitters, who don't do that well against left-handed
pitching.

Besides, I've seen Lilly have bad innings like the third today, and then rebound for the rest of the game.

I think Lou was a little hasty in pulling Lilly from the game.

Michael Wuertz was not the ideal candidate to follow Lilly. You could feel the game slipping away once he came in, and especially after the 3 run homer by Junior.

Good News! Cardinals lost, so we only lost ground to the Brewers.

Since: Jun 08

Cicero, Il.

#15 Jul 10, 2008
They're not gonna win em all, are they? To win 2/3 all yr., they'd end with 108 wins. Muhammad Ali lost to Leon Spinks; Giants beat und. NE, etc.They're still goin all the way! GO CUBS!
Why Oh Why Oh Why

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 10, 2008
Ok troops, who do we get rid of?
Thick Thox Thuckers

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 10, 2008
Your envy is obvious, you losers. What a lovely area that ball park of yours sits in. Such a nice park. Such great bars and restaurants to hang at before and after. Shot and a can of beer anyone?
Antny

Elmhurst, IL

#18 Jul 10, 2008
Thick Thox Thuckers wrote:
Your envy is obvious, you losers. What a lovely area that ball park of yours sits in. Such a nice park. Such great bars and restaurants to hang at before and after. Shot and a can of beer anyone?
You forgot to mention sweeping a World Series.

Have fun celebrating your 100th with Ronnie Woo-Woo.
The Truth

Hanover Park, IL

#19 Jul 10, 2008
It's a rare loss at home. I'm most concerned with Marmol and Fukudome than I am about the loss.

Lee is right. Take winning a series every time you can get it.

Since: Jun 08

Shanghai, China

#20 Jul 10, 2008
strut2k wrote:
Good thing the Cubbies shored up that pitching, eh?
Yes it is. Nice to see the rare intelligent comment from a Sox fan.

How bout those Sox tonight, eh? Looks like their luck ran out tonight, eh? Good thing Paulie's back, eh?
1919 STILL THERE

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 11, 2008
QUESTION : How do you know when it's an article about the Cubs?

ANSWER : When most of the commenters are WhiteSox fans.

ANALYSIS : WhiteSox fans show no improvement in their pitiful yet laughable INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Ross follows Lester to the Cubs (Dec '14) Dec '14 EARL SCOTT 1
News Still More On Jon Lester, Free Agent (Nov '14) Nov '14 EARL SCOTT 1
News Ross drives in game-winner with bases-loaded si... (Jul '09) Jul '09 thingy 1
News Braves outlast Pirates in 15, 7-6 (Jun '09) Jun '09 sarah ross 1
News Ross drives in game-winner with bases-loaded si... (Jun '09) Jun '09 yellow boy 1
News Samson: Trade possible if deal is right (Jul '08) Jul '08 Pete 7
News Mets' evil twins reappear in sloppy loss (Jul '08) Jul '08 Archie Bunkerez 2
More from around the web