Despite flaws, don't count Yankees out

Despite flaws, don't count Yankees out

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 25, 2008, titled Despite flaws, don't count Yankees out. In it, Newsday reports that:

It's so tempting to declare the Yankees' playoff hopes a lost cause because they've offered us no tangible reason to believe otherwise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jimmy Murdoc

United States

#1 Aug 25, 2008
What about the 3 errors that Yankees allowed? Do you think that played into blowing the lead? Umm, let's see...Yes. When you give a team extra outs, you're asking for trouble.
nyfan30

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Aug 25, 2008
I agree they must take at least 2 of 3 otherwise they are done. I know Met & Rox fans will respond they are already done but we don't care what they think. The Rockies and Mets last year proved it ain't over till it's officially over.
I think everyone outside of the northeast wants the wild card to be Twins or White Sox with the Yankees & Red Sox both out of the playoffs.
Even if the Yankees or Red Sox make the playoffs with out healthy starting pitchers the Angels will kill either or them.
jakegibbsforever

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Aug 25, 2008
I have gave up on this season but being a fan for so many years I am going to root hard this week and see if the Yanks can get a sweep. That is what they need.We need a big three days from A-Rod. That rarly happens when the chips are down,but lets hope.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#4 Aug 25, 2008
We need this team to get HOT, and to do so now!

Paul Yanks

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 25, 2008
HarleyRyder wrote:
We need this team to get HOT, and to do so now!
Absolutely..like a sweep of the Redsox...

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#6 Aug 25, 2008
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely..like a sweep of the Redsox...
That would be a good start. they usually get the best of us early in the year, and we tend to get them back in the ladder part of the year, but this is not a "usual" year
johnny on vacation

Mexico, Mexico

#7 Aug 25, 2008
Maybe not a sweep but 2 out of 3 from boston. We also need the Arod from last year to do some damage in september otherwise it looks grim.

Paul Yanks

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Aug 25, 2008
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a good start. they usually get the best of us early in the year, and we tend to get them back in the ladder part of the year, but this is not a "usual" year
Your right..hopefully the Yanks can take care of business...
Janny

Canandaigua, NY

#9 Aug 25, 2008
What's the magic wild card number now? I've heard a couple of things, anyone know for sure.
dud dew

Marietta, PA

#10 Aug 25, 2008
Yanks and Mets, given all the (mostly predictable) injuries, are doin' better than I thought they would. But I still don't see playoffs for the Bronx, and Queens won't tell you 'til the final few days - since Mets can only escape last September by playing with guts and grace this one.
Remember, they appeared a lock at several junctions starting this time last season. I will say I don't think this Philly squad has as much
"it" as last year's, though if Rollins starts to hit (good game against Dodgers tonite), watch out!
Back to Yanks - I gotta confess I felt they were goners a few times in the last few years - so current negative take nothing new, and proved wrong last two years:-)
off LI

Buffalo, NY

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Remember to fly your flag on the seventh anniversary of 9/11.

Mine will be at half staff in honor of those who died as innocents and for those who gave their lives in service of their fellow man!
Buy It

Arlington, VT

#12 Aug 27, 2008
They are done. Retraction for this silliness?
kat

Homestead, FL

#13 Aug 27, 2008
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Your right..hopefully the Yanks can take care of business...
. How dem Yankees taking care of business, this team wouldn't even make the AAA playoffs, how embarassing, hahahahahahahah
RedSox 11-3 Yankees
aka

New York, NY

#14 Aug 27, 2008
Aside of the lousy pitching all friggin year, the main culprits that the yankees are where they are at is girardi,jeter, and a-rod, no offense from either of these 2 all year, the number 1 and number 3 money making players in the game, has a-rod at 28 million, and jeter at 21.6 earned their salaries? I would say certainly NOT, and the waste of a roster space i-rod, picked up by the idiot cashman, this team should not have had any expectations of acheiving anything this season, so in the final season of Yankee stadium this will mark a disgraceful end to this once proud arena, but the players on this team have made it into a laughing stock for all the adversaries of the Yankees, how utterly pathetic they are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darrell Rasner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Yankee Rasner wins in Japan (Apr '09) May '09 Rhonda 3
News Yanks agree to sell Rasner to Japanese team for... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Mr Torre 2
News Yankees looking for fans to buy unsold luxury s... (Nov '08) Nov '08 James 2
News Yankees, Mets get richer with new ballparks (Nov '08) Nov '08 Jason 1
News Yankees won't wave white flag just yet (Sep '08) Sep '08 Numbers Up 62
News Jeter Leads Yankees Past Angels (Sep '08) Sep '08 Gomer 2
News Aceves replaces Rasner in Yankees' rotation (Sep '08) Sep '08 Go figure 1
More from around the web