Don't expect Gary Sheffield to stay l...

Don't expect Gary Sheffield to stay long with Mets

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 4, 2009, titled Don't expect Gary Sheffield to stay long with Mets. In it, Newsday reports that:

No clubhouse is complete without a cancer, and Friday, on the occasion of their first game at Troubled Assets Relief Program Field , the Mets put the finishing touch on their brand-new clubhouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#1 Apr 4, 2009
LOL This should be good
desert man

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2009
Cancers can be cured Wally.
Ray Sadecki

Casa Grande, AZ

#3 Apr 4, 2009
This is one of the few times I agree with Wally. Stupid move. Resigning Ollie doesnt seem to bright either at this point.
oscar madison

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Apr 4, 2009
you speak the truth my faithful companion

Since: Feb 09

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2009
This hurts but... I actually agree with "The Hack". Ouch!!
News12

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Apr 4, 2009
I can't read an article by a "man" that has a jones for another man. I don't read his articles anymore, but I bet this "guy" somehow included his dream boy A Rod in this article.

I'm going to guess this article claims that Sheffield will be a problem in the clubhouse within a month. It's probably correct. Too bad I can't read this A Rod stalker anymore!
acaruso

Troy, NY

#7 Apr 4, 2009
Clearly written by an obvious Mets-hater. I don't disagree with your assertion that Sheffield will fail as a Mets player, just the additional false garbage you wrote about the current team.
For example, "would disrupt their "clubhouse chemistry,'' which is none too stable to begin with". I would have to say that the Mets clubhouse is at worst an average clubhouse as far as stability - especially considering the city in which it plays. Put the same number of rabid reports in any other team’s clubhouse every day and I would be willing to bet you would have many times more the negative issue exposed than there are with the Mets.
As for your cute little acronym - TARP - for CitiField, as long as Citibank is a continuing business, despite the bailout, the advertising value for the new stadium name is certainly a smart investment going forward.(BTW - I generally despise large banking corporations - especially irresponsible ones...)
Unfortunately, I do have to agree with your observations about the outfield design. If the architects were going to go this far, why not add a windmill in left field and a little standing bulls eye in center so that if a batter hits on of them, the team gets and extra out that inning - if a weekday - or a free run if on the weekend!
Despite that, you are still a weenie Mets hater. If you want to rip the Mets decision to sign Sheffield, fine. Most fans would agree. But try focusing on the point of your article instead of spraying your false facts on the Mets team and players overall.
NYNY

Brentwood, TN

#8 Apr 4, 2009
Its a low risk, high reward move IMO. Worst case: he doesn't hit and causes clubhouse drama. If he causes more trouble than he is worth they can dump him. He's likely to replace Marlon Anderson, so its not like he is slotted to replace a key component of the team. And best case: He hits close to as well as he has most of his career and gives them a much needed power bat. Somewhere in the middle, he at least provides a decent power threat off the bench.

Since: Feb 09

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Apr 5, 2009
I still do not understand How the Mets passed on Manny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... (Mar '15) Mar '15 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web