Mets put on rare offensive show in 9-...

Mets put on rare offensive show in 9-7 win

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 12, 2009, titled Mets put on rare offensive show in 9-7 win. In it, Newsday reports that:

Gary Sheffield had three RBIs and Daniel Murphy drove in two runs to key a rare robust offense, Mike Pelfrey pitched seven sharp innings and the New York Mets beat the Cincinnati Reds 9-7 on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

statement

Gainesville, FL

#1 Jul 12, 2009
AAAAHH--Sean Green!!

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#2 Jul 12, 2009
Los Mets....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
desert man

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2009
K-Rod stop with the "agita". Just mow 'em down. Go Mets.
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jul 12, 2009
How dem Yankees doing, can not beat a team over .500 Joba, Petitte(HGH King) and Wang, oh no on the DL again
What a great pitching staff
0-8 Red Sox 0-8 Red Sox
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
Clem

AOL

#5 Jul 12, 2009
I was at the game and it suprised the hell out of me that they actually scored 9 runs! That 8th inning was so long! Can the bullpen come in and get outs? Its like the 1 day the offense showed up the pen almost blew it.
Todd Schuster

Goshen, NY

#6 Jul 12, 2009
Well once again the Mets have their biggest putput in what seemed like eons yet cause heart failure for their fans. Nothing ever comes easy. But in the end a win is a win & a rare series win. Good way to finish up a rough first half being 3 below 500. Could've been worse but hopefully in the second half we get some of our guys back & try to make a run for the division but the Phillies are starting to get hot. Good outing by Big Pelf despite a bad 6th inning where he walked the leadoff man (cardinal sin with a 7-nil lead) The hitters pitched in big. Now let's enjoy 3 days off before the Mets resume with a tough 10 game trip through Hotlanta, DC & Houston.
Todd Schuster

Goshen, NY

#7 Jul 12, 2009
nostephanfan wrote:
Los Mets....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
Los yankees countdown to A-Roid's next girlfriend & Joe Girardi's canning. can't beat the Halos what a bunch of wusses. Countdown to your next bath No Stephan.
skoonix

Glendale, CA

#9 Jul 12, 2009
I agree - a win is a win and the fact that some Mets HOMERED and that we took the series is a nice sign. Pelfrey looked sharp and I hope Manuel leaves Murphy in the line up - he has been getting hot but does not do well after sitting out. Go Mets!!
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jul 12, 2009
Clem wrote:
I was at the game and it suprised the hell out of me that they actually scored 9 runs! That 8th inning was so long! Can the bullpen come in and get outs? Its like the 1 day the offense showed up the pen almost blew it.
Hey Clem, red neck moron did the Mets win?
I know there are no teams that have a big lead that hold on. Go feed your PIG, Clem
Hahahahahahaaaaaa
Jim

AOL

#11 Jul 12, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
Well once again the Mets have their biggest putput in what seemed like eons yet cause heart failure for their fans. Nothing ever comes easy. But in the end a win is a win & a rare series win. Good way to finish up a rough first half being 3 below 500. Could've been worse but hopefully in the second half we get some of our guys back & try to make a run for the division but the Phillies are starting to get hot. Good outing by Big Pelf despite a bad 6th inning where he walked the leadoff man (cardinal sin with a 7-nil lead) The hitters pitched in big. Now let's enjoy 3 days off before the Mets resume with a tough 10 game trip through Hotlanta, DC & Houston.
Hey Todd, good win for your Mets and a good weekend as well. I can't say the same for my Yanks. Man, do they have trouble in that Angels ball park. It's always the pitchers because the offense keeps hitting.
Enjoy the break and then it's back to business at the end of the week!
Jim

AOL

#12 Jul 12, 2009
kat wrote:
How dem Yankees doing, can not beat a team over .500 Joba, Petitte(HGH King) and Wang, oh no on the DL again
What a great pitching staff
0-8 Red Sox 0-8 Red Sox
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
Mets get a couple of wins and the as-shole with the girlie giggle rears his/her ugly head and begins with the moronic statements!
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Jul 12, 2009
Schindlers Fist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Not even at the .500 mark and the Mets fans are obnoxious with how great they are.
. Welcome a newcomer Yankees fan, obviously not much gray brain tissue, to be a Yankee fan one is challenged physiologically and basically not much between the ears. Mets fans are hardly obnoxious and all I hear is how the Mets are knocked; by there "own fans". Bottom line is don't you think a $160 million pitcher should have more than 8 wins, 8 wins, Mike Pelfrey just won his 7th game, 160 million and 8 wins. We all know A-Roid the biggest choker of all time, Mr stats hits in a double play and strikes out, oh he hit 2 hrs yesterday to make the game score look respectable. Yankees probably will make the playoffs but knocked out in 1st round
Todd Schuster

Goshen, NY

#14 Jul 12, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Todd, good win for your Mets and a good weekend as well. I can't say the same for my Yanks. Man, do they have trouble in that Angels ball park. It's always the pitchers because the offense keeps hitting.
Enjoy the break and then it's back to business at the end of the week!
I don't know what it is with the Halos Jim but the Yankees have some kind of mental lapse just like with the Bosox, speaking of which josh Beckett threw a shutout to win #100 for his career. as for my Mets, a series win, a nice way to wrap up a tough 1st half. well enjoy the time off cause it's back to biz Thursday in Hotlanta, Friday for you against the Motowners.
luvthegame

Union City, NJ

#15 Jul 12, 2009
Schindlers Fist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Not even at the .500 mark and the Mets fans are obnoxious with how great they are.
You obviously do not pay attention - EVERY SINGLE Met thread is spread with the Cancer of Yankee fans......disgracing the few good ones out there.

Pay attention....the guy is responding to one of your moron friends.
skoonix

Glendale, CA

#16 Jul 12, 2009
I'm serious - do Mets fand go and troll the yankee boards? I am not even going to check because WHY WOULD SOMEONE? I sure wish Mets fand were on teh Mets boards - crazy thought, huh? That Mets fans could go and discuss and curse and cheer after a game instead of reading ignorant, illiterate playground b.s. The posts are even angrier seeing how the Angels just swept them to go into the All-Star break.
Jim

AOL

#18 Jul 12, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what it is with the Halos Jim but the Yankees have some kind of mental lapse just like with the Bosox, speaking of which josh Beckett threw a shutout to win #100 for his career. as for my Mets, a series win, a nice way to wrap up a tough 1st half. well enjoy the time off cause it's back to biz Thursday in Hotlanta, Friday for you against the Motowners.
I'm happy with the 1st half Yankee results Todd. I was looking to be 15 over .500 and they're 14 so no big deal considering they were without ARod for 5 weeks, Posada for a few weeks and Wang virtually all season. Injuries are a part of the game as you well know so no excuses, I'm happy!
Your guys have to be healthier in the 2nd half!
I really think Cash will go out and add a starter to the Yanks rotation. Joba and Andy have not done the job. I don't know if Omar will move on his current roster. He might really think they're OK as is. I think that would be a mistake. They haven't made the playoffs in a few years with much the same players. The difference is the last 2 years they competed and lost in Sept. This time they've dug a hole to climb out of! I think it would be very foolish to try to win without making any moves!
Enjoy the all star game buddy!
Jim

AOL

#19 Jul 12, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. Welcome a newcomer Yankees fan, obviously not much gray brain tissue, to be a Yankee fan one is challenged physiologically and basically not much between the ears. Mets fans are hardly obnoxious and all I hear is how the Mets are knocked; by there "own fans". Bottom line is don't you think a $160 million pitcher should have more than 8 wins, 8 wins, Mike Pelfrey just won his 7th game, 160 million and 8 wins. We all know A-Roid the biggest choker of all time, Mr stats hits in a double play and strikes out, oh he hit 2 hrs yesterday to make the game score look respectable. Yankees probably will make the playoffs but knocked out in 1st round
Hey $ hit for brains, do you ever know what you're talking about or does moronic stupidity just flow uncontrolled from your big mouth? How was ARod padding his stats or making the game look respectable when his 1st one gave the team the lead in the game??? You are such a moron!
BTW-how many wins does Santana have with his big contract??? You still can't grasp the fact that a guys salary or a teams salary doesn't dictate the number of wins they'll have. Man are you an as-shole! And you forgot your girlie giggle in the last post!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... (Mar '15) Mar '15 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web