Despite All-Star invite, Wright is anything but of late

Full story: Newsday

PHILADELPHIA The All-Star invitation to St. Louis was sitting in the top cubicle of David Wright 's locker Sunday as he answered question after question about getting swept by the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Judged:

Los Mets......What a waste. This team is pathetic.
Ryan

Southampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

He's the Mets' A-Rod, only without the talent.
tntaz

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Judged:

Wright needs to skip All-Star game and take 4 days off.
tntaz

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Ryan wrote:
He's the Mets' A-Rod, only without the talent.
You forgot "without roids".
Jay

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

nostephanfan wrote:
Los Mets......What a waste. This team is pathetic.
Your a s-muck!
kob

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Break up the core...trade Wright ASAP!
Steve

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

just skip the ASG
Joe

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Kinda stupid to jump all over Wright like the New York media is wasting no time doing. When you're the only good hitter not on the injured list, you're going to see many good pitches.
Antonio

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Judged:

As a die hard Mets fan, I am asking the top management to fire General manager Omar Minaya y Jerry Manuel at once.The are both type of individuals that like to play the blame game instead to take a look at the mirror themselves.For Minaya in Montreal was the money factor in NY is the players.How is he going to justify the 140M payroll with those kind of results? On the other hand Manuel in my opinion is a very poor judge of talent.He does not know his players and more often than not he chooses the wrong player.Does anyone think that if Manuel was a good manager he would be a bench coach for so many years? The mets need to bring back Davie Johnson to make the prima-donna Mets perform and earn their paycheck. We will see what is going to happen when the injured players come back.Minaya will fall flat on his face.What I am surprised also is how little the Wilpon's know the fans and the game. Steinbrenner would have fire Minaya last year.
Antonio

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

I also agree with the reported, Dave Wright in my opinio is highly overrated.Are there any statistics to show howmany times he has chased bad balls just like Daniel Murphy? He looks more like a rooky than an established player that is making the big bucks.
steve

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

kob wrote:
Break up the core...trade Wright ASAP!
your even more dumber that nostephenfan, los mets and mets choke. and their pretty dumb.
ivansgirl

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

tired....dwright is tired... hes 25 yrs old.. its talking to jerry making him tired. if hes tired trade him...whats with these guys. dwright tired! Putz unusable. A-Rod suffuering from some fatigue illness whatever that is. the 86 mets werent tired...never!and they partyed like rockstars! ivans never tired and hes alot older than dwright and he never suffered a fatigue...whats up with this this new generation?
LIer

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Wow, I'm surprised the Met Bashing Newsday wrote such an article. I like when folks like Damon can be out a day for missing a catch due to 'fluttering eye syndrome.' The Mets are in ahard time right now. management should be on the chopping block. One player can hold up a team--why so quick to trade Wright?
rickrolled

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Wright has been too streaky but you can't blame the mets failures just on him most of the blame has to be placed on Minaya. Reading metsblog last off season hundreds or regular met fans predicted exactly what ended up happening. Fixed Relief pitching and then basically stand pat with a team that could never get runners home. Meanwhile Hudson is an allstar Dunn is on pace for a 40+ HR season two payers that could easily been picked up. Sure it would have been difficult to move castillo maybe you would have to eat some of the contract but if it meant getting to the playoffs it would have been worth it. Likewise Dunn would have cost 10 million dollars but at least the mets would have someone who could actually hit the ball out of citifield.
ISLES

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Let's Go Islanders!
blowstephanfan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Sure he's exhausted. The effin' meaningless WBC. 17 players, many now injured. Next time, keep the real players in spring training; let the minor leaguers play the Netherlands.
Busey

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

ISLES wrote:
Let's Go Islanders!
C'mon...Taveras is straight. But Avery gives me good head! Let's Go Rag$!!!
Tango

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Wright should of kept his mouth shut last week and took the day off during the Pittsburg make up game and rested up since the Phils were next. But nooooooo he talked Manuel out of sitting out and is in a 5-42 slump. Great thinking on both Wright's and Manuel's part. Manuel should of said sorry dude enjoy the day off , dont take any batting practice or infield practice.
Tango

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

But yes your right he should sit out the All Star game because when play resumes all the burden falls back on his shoulders until the injured comes back which by reading isn't going to be anytime soon. You get paid to be a NY Met not to by the NL All Astars or the WBC. But Wright has to get his priorities straight because playing in the WBC and All Star game is more important than resting and having a better 2nd half for the Mets.
Gil Hodges

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Antonio wrote:
As a die hard Mets fan, I am asking the top management to fire General manager Omar Minaya y Jerry Manuel at once.The are both type of individuals that like to play the blame game instead to take a look at the mirror themselves.For Minaya in Montreal was the money factor in NY is the players.How is he going to justify the 140M payroll with those kind of results? On the other hand Manuel in my opinion is a very poor judge of talent.He does not know his players and more often than not he chooses the wrong player.Does anyone think that if Manuel was a good manager he would be a bench coach for so many years? The mets need to bring back Davie Johnson to make the prima-donna Mets perform and earn their paycheck. We will see what is going to happen when the injured players come back.Minaya will fall flat on his face.What I am surprised also is how little the Wilpon's know the fans and the game. Steinbrenner would have fire Minaya last year.
And who would you replace them with, at this point in the season? It's easy to say, fire this guy, fire that guy, but I'm asking again, who are you going to replace them with?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
2013 Trade Candidate: Daniel Murphy (Sep '12) Sep '12 XFlushing Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Daniel Murphy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••