Punchless Mets, Maine lose to Dodgers, 5-3

Full story: Newsday 77
Look at the bright side. This one probably didn't hurt as much. Kind of like a swift pull on a Band-Aid. That quick sting was provided on Tuesday by Casey Blake , whose three-run homer off John Maine in the sixth inning put the Mets out of their misery before they could self-combust in a 5-3 loss to the Dodgers at Chavez Ravine. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bob

Garnerville, NY

#63 May 20, 2009
omar to be fired. frank cashen brought back as gm. davey is the new skipper.
Jim

AOL

#64 May 20, 2009
Bob wrote:
omar to be fired. frank cashen brought back as gm. davey is the new skipper.
Now you're talking! Or Bobby V
crazy eddie

Patchogue, NY

#65 May 20, 2009
Sept collapse in May. It is like Christmas in August. I love it...
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#66 May 20, 2009
Lou wrote:
Can I ask a perfectly logical question. The Mets are on the West Coast stinkin' up the place and polluting LA with their baseball talents. Why not just stay out there after their west coast games end. Why return to New York and add more stink to NY. This team might be barred by the EPA from returning to NY as an environmental hazard.
. Well they are 3-3 which is not two shabby, oh and a whopping 1 game out of 1st place, but the way you talk if one didn't look at the standings you'd think the Mets were 10 games out, JERKOFF
Gil Hodges

Moriches, NY

#67 May 20, 2009
DickBarnett wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Kim Ng for GM.
She is from NY, currently asst.GM/VP for the Dodgers. A brilliant mind who has the respect and admiration of every GM in baseball. She is with a winning organization, unlike Minaya who came from Montreal, the biggest loser in the NL.Hire her and let her fill the managers position.
What a feather in the Mets cap to hire the first female GM.
On the surface, you make a reasonable point, but, remember, Omar was an assistant GM to both Steve Phillips and Jim Ducette just as she is now for the Dodgers. I'd much rather have an experienced baseball person who has been through the wars running the organization than take another risk. Plus, remember how amped Mets fans were when they hired Willie Randolph? Look at how that worked out.
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#68 May 20, 2009
lou wrote:
<quoted text>No, NY fans know baseball and they see a 140 million dollar 500 ballclub. The Marlins won a world series and the entire payroll was 25 mil. The Mets make dumb moves. Getting rid of Mike Jacobs was one of the worst. I hated that trade. Jacobs is a leader in KC with 10 home runs. they love him. He was our prospect, but no, we had to have Delgado. This is what frustrates Mets fans, we know the ballplayers better than the owners, manager, and GM. if you really study the posts here, you will tell that Mets fans like Yankee fans know the players. Yeah, 140 million for what? Angry, darn right. We are now well into May and approaching Memorial Day, I always felt that Memorial Day pretty much settles it for teams and gives an indication where they will be at the end. Not always but a lot of the time, look at the Phillies-do you honestly think we'll overtake them and the Braves are playing a lot better too. Yes for the Mets, May is not to early to write them off unless they get into the trade market and soon.
. OMG, well if Ny fans know there baseball you obviously don't know your baseball. Mike Jacobs is a 240 hitter, who hits a few hrs and strikes out 100 times, doesn't drive in runs and is an awful 1st basemen, the Marlins got rid of him because he sucks, not because of money, ask any GM or scout what they think about Jacobs and they'll laugh.
You with this post has cemented your reputation as one of the dopey dopey people
Hahahahaha
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#69 May 20, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose you really think the O's would make that deal????????? They wouldn't trade 1 of those 2 guys even up for Reyes and you want both!!!!! Good luck!
. Ahhhhhhhh Jimboroooooooooni every time I see a half-way intelligient comment from you you go and say really a well Jimbo a*ss comment. So Huff is a better player than Reyes, HOW? may I ask you
Jim

AOL

#70 May 20, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. Ahhhhhhhh Jimboroooooooooni every time I see a half-way intelligient comment from you you go and say really a well Jimbo a*ss comment. So Huff is a better player than Reyes, HOW? may I ask you
You're a bigger as-shole then I ever gave you credit for being!!! Where did I say Huff was better then Reyes????? I said I don't think the O's would trade either Huff or Markakis 1 on 1 for Reyes. Wht should they give up their 1st baseman for another SS????? Oh, because the Mets need one!!! Doesn't work that way jerkoff!
As for Markakis, he's a quality player who they are building around. Why would they trade him for another SS????? Oh, because the Mets need another outfielder!!!!!
To make it worse that Mets fan was proposing Reyes for both of these guys!!! Now why would the O's even think about such a ridiculous deal?????
Stop leading with your chin as-shole!
Jim

AOL

#71 May 20, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. Ahhhhhhhh Jimboroooooooooni every time I see a half-way intelligient comment from you you go and say really a well Jimbo a*ss comment. So Huff is a better player than Reyes, HOW? may I ask you
BTW-You wouldn't recognize an intelligent comment if you were bit by one. Why? Because you've never made one!!!!! How about a Pedro prediction!!!!! One like last years would be fun! "He'll win at least 18 games and be a candidate for the Cy Young Award" Remember that one?????
As-shole!
lou

Ellenwood, GA

#72 May 21, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. OMG, well if Ny fans know there baseball you obviously don't know your baseball. Mike Jacobs is a 240 hitter, who hits a few hrs and strikes out 100 times, doesn't drive in runs and is an awful 1st basemen, the Marlins got rid of him because he sucks, not because of money, ask any GM or scout what they think about Jacobs and they'll laugh.
You with this post has cemented your reputation as one of the dopey dopey people
Hahahahaha
I am assuming a worst first baseman than Delgado who has flyballs just magically bounce out of his glove? Uh, does any Met have 10 home runs now. Jacobs with his strikeouts is no worse than stranding all the runners in scoring positions and hitting into double plays that the Mets do. Call me dopey but I bet the Mets would love to Have Jacobs now. He is still developing. I'll take him. They like him in KC!Trades are made by clubs for a lot of different reasons.
Busey

Melville, NY

#73 May 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose you really think the O's would make that deal????????? They wouldn't trade 1 of those 2 guys even up for Reyes and you want both!!!!! Good luck!
They may trade Huff.... he is older and they don't have a SS.

But why would the Mets do that?? Huff is an old retread.

They should try to get Adam Jones....he is a stud
Jim

AOL

#74 May 21, 2009
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
They may trade Huff.... he is older and they don't have a SS.
But why would the Mets do that?? Huff is an old retread.
They should try to get Adam Jones....he is a stud
But who do they have (or would be willing to part with) to offer for Jones that the O's need or would want?
The O's have some good young pitchers on their way up, they have a switch hitting catcher who was the best minor leaguer in all of baseball ready to move up and they have Jones and Markakis in the OF, all of whom they are beginning to build around. I don't know how the Mets could pry Jones from them!
Busey

Melville, NY

#75 May 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
But who do they have (or would be willing to part with) to offer for Jones that the O's need or would want?
The O's have some good young pitchers on their way up, they have a switch hitting catcher who was the best minor leaguer in all of baseball ready to move up and they have Jones and Markakis in the OF, all of whom they are beginning to build around. I don't know how the Mets could pry Jones from them!
yeah I know.... He is untouchable... I was just playing fantasy GM for a minute...

The Mets would prob have to give up Reyes and 1 or 2 prospects. Even then, may not be enough.

Jones is a bona fide 5 tool stud.
Jim

AOL

#76 May 21, 2009
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah I know.... He is untouchable... I was just playing fantasy GM for a minute...
The Mets would prob have to give up Reyes and 1 or 2 prospects. Even then, may not be enough.
Jones is a bona fide 5 tool stud.
He's definately a good one and I think they'd have to be overwhelmed with an offer to agree to trade him! I think the O's will return to the days of real good teams in the very near future. If their kid pitchers do as well as anticipated they will turn the club around upon their arrival. They have plenty of offense right now with more on the way!
Will

Forest Hills, NY

#77 May 22, 2009
Doubtful.. The guy will become a star and his contract will be up, some greedy agent like Boras will grab him and then the epitomy of greed, the yankees will offer him half billion dollars which he can't refuse.. and then moron fans like you will harp how great the yankees are..
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
He's definately a good one and I think they'd have to be overwhelmed with an offer to agree to trade him! I think the O's will return to the days of real good teams in the very near future. If their kid pitchers do as well as anticipated they will turn the club around upon their arrival. They have plenty of offense right now with more on the way!
LIAM

Apopka, FL

#78 May 22, 2009
Will wrote:
Doubtful.. The guy will become a star and his contract will be up, some greedy agent like Boras will grab him and then the epitomy of greed, the yankees will offer him half billion dollars which he can't refuse.. and then moron fans like you will harp how great the yankees are.. <quoted text>
O's have more then enough cash to throw around if they choose. I get it though Will, just another jealous met fan that wants to b**ch about the Yanks.
Jim

Phoenix, AZ

#79 May 22, 2009
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
O's have more then enough cash to throw around if they choose. I get it though Will, just another jealous met fan that wants to **** about the Yanks.
You zeroed right in on Will the s/h/ hitt stirrer. He's a Mess fan who is very jealous of the Yanks and as you've figured out a real as-shole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
2013 Trade Candidate: Daniel Murphy (Sep '12) Sep '12 XFlushing Fan 1
More from around the web