Punchless Mets, Maine lose to Dodgers, 5-3

Full story: Newsday

Look at the bright side. This one probably didn't hurt as much. Kind of like a swift pull on a Band-Aid. That quick sting was provided on Tuesday by Casey Blake , whose three-run homer off John Maine in the sixth inning put the Mets out of their misery before they could self-combust in a 5-3 loss to the Dodgers at Chavez Ravine.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brrdy bob in hawaii

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

The mets can not afford to have Murphy in left. Let Pagan or Sheffield play, try Murph at first. Martinez and Reed suck. Dump them. I know what I am talking about !
FThisTeam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Fear Not Mets fans! Omar Minaya, yesterday said that the Mets keys to success and winning lies WITHIN the organization. No need to make trades. Of course not Omar! We love starting Jeremy Reed, a bench player, and Ramon Martinez on the right side of the infield. What a combo!

NO need to go get a big hitting 1B...you don't need it. You only haven't hit a HR in 6 games. No big deal. Keep trotting Murphy out there to left field so he can drop a few more routine flys.

Nope...you don't have to make a trade. The team looks fine. Beltran, Wright, and Reyes are the only players on this team that actually are STARTERS. The rest are retreads and bench player patch jobs.

If Omar Minaya thinks thats the answer to winning....he can kiss Flushing goodbye next year. Total joke of a GM
LetsPlay2

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

The meek-hitting Martinez -2 errors in game 1- over hard-hitting Tatis "for defensive purposes?" And the slow-learning Murphy over 4-hit Pagan, a natural outfielder? What the hell's goin' on here? Last night's lineup was one of the worst I've seen in years, even from a team with no farm system to speak of. And Ryan Church in danger of losing his considerable fan support. The guy seems unable to drive the ball and hasn't driven in a run since early April. Is he hurt? Does he need eyeglasses? Has he lost his spark due to Manuel's insensitive treatment? This kid's not right and he must start contributing.....and soon. Right now, the team has a terrible look and feel to it and it's up to Manuel to correct this. But does HE have a "feel" for it?
LetsPlay2

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Should be "and it's up to MINAYA and Manuel to correct this."
ny fan

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Uh...I think it's purely evident that Murphy isn't cut out for left field.
Sally-Two Trees

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

As we have seen for a while now, one can only hope Jerry Manuel is NOT the Mets manager for much longer. This teamís state of mind is awful and even when they are on a nice little roll, they always disappoint. Sadly it looks like Iíll be watching more Yankee games.
El Guapo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

The Mets MUST make a coaching job change NOW--before it's too late. Manuel is unprofessional in the way he deals with players. he manages personally---grudges, dislikes, open opinions of his players---a respectful and winning manager never does that. He manages the team regardless of personal opinion to WIN every possible game he can with the players he's got.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Fire the M&M boys Minaya & Manuel. This is a disgrace. Ramon MArtinez 36 years old, playing like crap? I'd bring argenis Reyes up instead of this clown. Then again our defense is like Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey. Who needs tht circus when we have one in Queens. Count on a 3 game sweep in LALA Land with Weaver vs Livan. Going to be a long painful plane ride to Beantown after tonight's game. Won;t get in til probably after 12 tomorrow. Although Johan pitches Friday, with this defense, it really won;t matter.
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

As I have written before, there are things you can't blame the manager on, such as mental mistakes. However, putting the right people at the right positions is something you have to blame the manager on. I am slowly losing my respect for Manuel. I don't think he has what it takes to be a big league manager. How Omar Minaya cannot see this is beyond me. It is obvious that Manuel needs to be replaced, but I doubt Minaya will do anything. Plus I am sure the Wilpons aren't happy with the horrible mistakes that have crept up lately. Todd Schuster is correct, the M&M boys, Manuel and Minaya must go. Who should replace them is another story, but there have got to be better GM's and managers out there than the bums the Mets have.

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Los Mets.....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
Lou

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

The good feeling coming out of the Giants series is totally gone. The Giants are a good AAA team at best, while the Dodgers are the real deal. This is a 500 ballclub. I said it after one week of the season and I say it again now and all the way to the end. They had better get into the trade market now or we'll be in the dumper all year.
NYERNFLA

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

I didnt stay up to watch the game last nite but judging from this story its the same sort of game we've all seen far too often the last few years, yesterday I heard someone describe them as a team "that has a glass jaw", perfect description. Has the Jerry watch started yet ? I haven't said this in a while but I'll say it again, Wally Backman would be the PERFECT guy to fire these "players" up.
Monty Burns

Freehold, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Murphy is playing out of position. Certainly, he should have caught that ball last night(although he appeared to lose sight of it), but why is a team with this payroll fielding a team of players who are either not playing their natural position or who have been given up on by every other major league team? Martinez does not even belong in the bigs anymore. And can anyone hit? great, we had a few big games against the Giants, but that's beginning to look like an aberration. The reality is, the Mets generally do not hit when it counts, and have not done so in years. Why is that? Different players, different years. Yet, always a team without a sense of being clutch. Truly, they lack grit. And I hate to harp on it, but Wright simply cannot be patting the a-ss of every ooposing player that comes within range of third base. It makes me cringe when I see this, and it happens every game. Is he running for Class President? Grow some...please, David. The younger players take their cue from this and the result is you groom a new generation of players to believe that being friends with everyone is more important than coming in first. And lastly, the pitching on this team, with the obvious exception of the great Johan Santana, is average, at best. I feel I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

nostephanfan wrote:
Los Mets.....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
Where's your bath, you loser?
mestchoke 00 06 07 08 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

It's that damn swine flu that the NY MU TS caught from playing in the sumps of Flushing.
The NY MELTS cannot play with the BIG teams. They are pathetic losers that can't even play fundamental Baseball.
There is a reason they are the second highest paid team in baseball yet they have won their last World Series 23 years ago!!!
If they are the highest paid team in the NL every year, shouldn't they represent the NL in the World Series every year?
Philly Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Please keep Manya, Manuel and reyes.
They make it easy to be a gloating Philly fan.
M y
E ntire
T eam
S tinks
Hugh G Rection

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Jack The Cabbie wrote:
As I have written before, there are things you can't blame the manager on, such as mental mistakes. However, putting the right people at the right positions is something you have to blame the manager on. I am slowly losing my respect for Manuel. I don't think he has what it takes to be a big league manager. How Omar Minaya cannot see this is beyond me. It is obvious that Manuel needs to be replaced, but I doubt Minaya will do anything. Plus I am sure the Wilpons aren't happy with the horrible mistakes that have crept up lately. Todd Schuster is correct, the M&M boys, Manuel and Minaya must go. Who should replace them is another story, but there have got to be better GM's and managers out there than the bums the Mets have.
For a hack, you are right on target.
I was never a fan of Willie, but Manuel is worse, his decisions are bewildering at best and horrific at worst.

Omar, get rid of him. But don't make it an embarassment for entire organization like you did last time.
Then fire yourself as you suck too.
Bob

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

these things happen.
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Anybody happen to notice that the NY M UTS are no longer in "First" place?
They have been overtaken by their Masters... The Phila Phillies.
I thought that The Phillies take over "First" place from the NY MELTS in the LAST WEEK of the season?
BBBBBBBBwwwwwwwwaaaaahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha
LMFAO !!!!!!
Bob

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

I have a strong suspicion. The mets won't make the playoffs. again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Daniel Murphy Discussions

Search the Daniel Murphy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? Dec '13 Sammy 1
David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
2013 Trade Candidate: Daniel Murphy (Sep '12) Sep '12 XFlushing Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••