Murphy's future with Mets could be in...

Murphy's future with Mets could be in infield

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from May 7, 2009, titled Murphy's future with Mets could be in infield. In it, Newsday reports that:

What if the Mets did sign Manny Ramirez this winter? For starters, they would be preparing for life without Manny right around now, and presumably calling up Daniel Murphy from Triple-A Buffalo to take his place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#2 May 8, 2009
There is no doubt that he is the 1st baseman of the future. Delgado is gone after this year. as a matter of fact, if Minaya can dump him on a contending AL team at the trade deadline for a good young prospect I would do it. Then murphy goes to 1st and tatis goes to left.
As far as Holiday is concerned, he's not playing at Coors field anymore and his numbers in Oakland are not very good so far. I would wait on him.
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09

AOL

#3 May 8, 2009
Murphy's future is in the infield. On the grounds crew.
devils advocate

Bronx, NY

#4 May 8, 2009
Does anyone proofread these things? Embarrassing.
Norv Turners neck

Schenectady, NY

#5 May 9, 2009
The Mets should consider resigning Delgado to a two-year deal. I'd hate to see the guy get instantly old with the Mets, but he doesn't seem to be slowing down.

And the shine is off Matt Holliday ... Away from Denver, he's cratering. And if he thinks Oakland's got a big outfield wait 'til he gets a load of Citifield. Four homeruns, a .234 BA and a .293 OBP so far this year. No thanks.

I'd worry about the Phillies signing him -- and Holliday getting back to his old ways on that Little League field -- but the Phillies have to find another top-flight starter or they're building the 1990s Colorado Rockies of the 2000s. All bats and no pitching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... (Mar '15) Mar '15 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web