Mets' Manuel uses media to motivate

Mets' Manuel uses media to motivate

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 24, 2009, titled Mets' Manuel uses media to motivate. In it, Newsday reports that:

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Only Jerry Manuel knows his true motivation for hurling a few verbal darts at Ryan Church during his daily briefing with reporters Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bob Collier

Mineola, NY

#1 Feb 24, 2009
The media tries to portray Jerry Manuel as some kind of genius. He's going to be fired before the end of the year.Period, end of story.
statement

Gainesville, FL

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Jerry is wasting his time trying to "motivate" Church. He is one of the least players on this team that needs motivation. Jerry better motivate that cow dung playing 2b!!

“27 wins”

Since: Jan 07

Bradford, PA

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Using the media to "motivate" a guy backfires every time. Getting his teammates to motivate him works better.
Jim

AOL

#4 Feb 24, 2009
El Viejo wrote:
Using the media to "motivate" a guy backfires every time. Getting his teammates to motivate him works better.
I agree! If he needs the media to motivate his players then maybe they don't need him!
Bill

Bostic, NC

#6 Feb 24, 2009
El Viejo wrote:
Using the media to "motivate" a guy backfires every time. Getting his teammates to motivate him works better.
Absolutely correct!!
I'm sure Church's confidence is low, knowing he wasn't as good after the concussions as before.
Manuel could have told him that he was going to be the starter in right, BUT if he didn't perform like early '08 then he MAY end up platooning. He(manuel)has hinted at so many changes,before one practice game,that the players have to be scratching their heads trying to figure out whats going on.
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09

AOL

#7 Feb 24, 2009
They should take the MAN- out of MANuel. He is no man.
He can't talk to Church face to face. He has to speak through the media?Is he afraid of Church? What a wussie thing to do.
UN-MANuel shows no respect for his players by "Talking" to them through the media.
Thats what the racist NY MU TS did to Willie Randolph .
This is one of the many reasons that the NY MESS are second class and will always be second class.
They soldout the name of their beloved Bill Shea and thats why they will never win again. They now have the CURSE OF BILL SHEA.
Razor Shines

Betterton, MD

#8 Feb 24, 2009
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09 wrote:
They should take the MAN- out of MANuel. He is no man.
He can't talk to Church face to face. He has to speak through the media?Is he afraid of Church? What a wussie thing to do.
UN-MANuel shows no respect for his players by "Talking" to them through the media.
Thats what the racist NY MU TS did to Willie Randolph .
This is one of the many reasons that the NY MESS are second class and will always be second class.
They soldout the name of their beloved Bill Shea and thats why they will never win again. They now have the CURSE OF BILL SHEA.
Your funny man! Man, I'm hysterical!
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Feb 24, 2009
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09 wrote:
They should take the MAN- out of MANuel. He is no man.
He can't talk to Church face to face. He has to speak through the media?Is he afraid of Church? What a wussie thing to do.
UN-MANuel shows no respect for his players by "Talking" to them through the media.
Thats what the racist NY MU TS did to Willie Randolph .
This is one of the many reasons that the NY MESS are second class and will always be second class.
They soldout the name of their beloved Bill Shea and thats why they will never win again. They now have the CURSE OF BILL SHEA.
. The Mets are 2nd Class, ummm at least they're not steroid liars and cheaters like the NY Skankees
Hahahahah
Razor Shines

Betterton, MD

#10 Feb 24, 2009
metschoke 00 06 07 08 09 wrote:
They should take the MAN- out of MANuel. He is no man.
He can't talk to Church face to face. He has to speak through the media?Is he afraid of Church? What a wussie thing to do.
UN-MANuel shows no respect for his players by "Talking" to them through the media.
Thats what the racist NY MU TS did to Willie Randolph .
This is one of the many reasons that the NY MESS are second class and will always be second class.
They soldout the name of their beloved Bill Shea and thats why they will never win again. They now have the CURSE OF BILL SHEA.
Creatve also!

“27 wins”

Since: Jan 07

Bradford, PA

#11 Feb 25, 2009
Izzy Michaels wrote:
Tough talk for a shabbes klopper schmendrick nudnik.
He could be a shtarker, not a schlemiel.
Butch

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Dec 6, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. The Mets are 2nd Class, ummm at least they're not steroid liars and cheaters like the NY Skankees
Hahahahah
You're a little coward ya puss boy.
Butch

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Dec 6, 2009
statement wrote:
Jerry is wasting his time trying to "motivate" Church. He is one of the least players on this team that needs motivation. Jerry better motivate that cow dung playing 2b!!
You finally realize the mets suck, huh ya loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... (Mar '15) Mar '15 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web