Man for man: Manuel would welcome Man...

Man for man: Manuel would welcome Manny to Mets

There are 3 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 27, 2009, titled Man for man: Manuel would welcome Manny to Mets . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

With or without Manny Ramirez, manager Jerry Manuel thinks his New York Mets are good enough to win next season. He'd love to put Ramirez in the middle of that lineup, though. The free-agent slugger keeps coming up in conversation this winter as he waits and waits for an enticing offer. Mets executives have shown zero interest, but Manuel _ just like the team's anguished fan base _ has already thought about what Ramirez could do for a club coming off consecutive September collapses.

'It's rare that you get that type of talent. I mean, boom! Right in the middle of the lineup type of guy, and right-handed for us, that would be a big bonus,' Manuel said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Brian J

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Always a great bat but an adventure in the outfield. He's better in the American League.
Skeeter Rolands

Peoria, AZ

#2 Jan 28, 2009
Trouble is, he's trouble. A great eye and awesome power, but lazy,greedy and often ornery. Saw him two games at Fenway 2007. My eleven-year old could play LF as good. Reliable for 40 HR and 140 Ribbies every year til he's 50!

Since: Oct 08

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 28, 2009
Manny and the NY Media = Not a good mix. You see the way A Rod is treated by the NY media, manny and his "Baggage" wound't bod well in this city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... Mar '15 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web