Man for man: Manuel would welcome Manny to Mets

Jan 27, 2009 | Posted by: The Associated Press | Full story: The Associated Press

With or without Manny Ramirez, manager Jerry Manuel thinks his New York Mets are good enough to win next season. He'd love to put Ramirez in the middle of that lineup, though. The free-agent slugger keeps coming up in conversation this winter as he waits and waits for an enticing offer. Mets executives have shown zero interest, but Manuel _ just like the team's anguished fan base _ has already thought about what Ramirez could do for a club coming off consecutive September collapses.

'It's rare that you get that type of talent. I mean, boom! Right in the middle of the lineup type of guy, and right-handed for us, that would be a big bonus,' Manuel said Tuesday.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2009
Brian J

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Always a great bat but an adventure in the outfield. He's better in the American League.
Skeeter Rolands

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Trouble is, he's trouble. A great eye and awesome power, but lazy,greedy and often ornery. Saw him two games at Fenway 2007. My eleven-year old could play LF as good. Reliable for 40 HR and 140 Ribbies every year til he's 50!

Since: Oct 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Manny and the NY Media = Not a good mix. You see the way A Rod is treated by the NY media, manny and his "Baggage" wound't bod well in this city.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Daniel Murphy Discussions

Search the Daniel Murphy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
2013 Trade Candidate: Daniel Murphy (Sep '12) Sep '12 XFlushing Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••