Murphy goes behind his back for an out

Full story: Newsday 9
Jerry Manuel saw potential in Daniel Murphy when he moved him from leftfield to first base this season, but not even Manuel could explain how Murphy threw behind his back to get Mark Loretta out in the seventh inning. Read more

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#1 Jul 9, 2009
Los Mets....countdown to the Sept. collapse.

.....a season in turmoil.....Wilma eats a cookie......
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#2 Jul 9, 2009
Well, Daniel Murphy will never be the second coming of Mex Hernandez, but I'll bet Keith was impressed by that play. Most importantly, though the Mets won which hasn't been commonplace over these past weeks with all the injuries. But again, great play nonetheless.
Clem

AOL

#3 Jul 9, 2009
That play was ******* amazing!!!!!!!!
John

New York, NY

#4 Jul 9, 2009
nostephanfan wrote:
Los Mets....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
.....a season in turmoil.....Wilma eats a cookie......
Easy there meatball.. Shouldnt you be eating some of Nona's left over spaghetti and watching yankees classics in her basement..It's still early.
As for Murphy, he shows a lot.. The kid just needs to relax and enjoy playing the game. If the Mets give him up, I feel like he would be a dominant player in a smaller club. That play last night shows he's got raw talent.
Jim

AOL

#5 Jul 9, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
Well, Daniel Murphy will never be the second coming of Mex Hernandez, but I'll bet Keith was impressed by that play. Most importantly, though the Mets won which hasn't been commonplace over these past weeks with all the injuries. But again, great play nonetheless.
Sure was Todd and a win is a win! They're all big and they're all important! I think Murphy will be fine if they just leave him alone and play him every day!
Have a good evening buddy!
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jul 9, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure was Todd and a win is a win! They're all big and they're all important! I think Murphy will be fine if they just leave him alone and play him every day!
Have a good evening buddy!
. JimBooB can you think of something more than "a win is a win". You sound like some of your peers (lowlifes,scum bags) Mets choke, Los Mets and of course the wonderful Nosethephan, they say the same thing every single day. Take a rest old man and get the Mets board a rest
Jim

AOL

#7 Jul 9, 2009
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. JimBooB can you think of something more than "a win is a win". You sound like some of your peers (lowlifes,scum bags) Mets choke, Los Mets and of course the wonderful Nosethephan, they say the same thing every single day. Take a rest old man and get the Mets board a rest
Hey moron, be nice! I was getting concerned about your well being because as usual you vanish in tough times! Your moronic comments are missed!
a moron is a moron! like that better? ya moron!
Hey, where was your girlie giggle?
Antonio

San Josť, Costa Rica

#8 Jul 9, 2009
Yesterday's game I saw Minaya watching the game.The mets scored 3 runs,I said it is a good sign, Minaya should attend the games more often, then I realized that the cameras did not show him anymore.Could he be because he is embarased to show his face do to the lousy team he put togheter? Then you hear the commentetors breag about the play that Murphy made which was just a lucky shot.Why we do not hear anything when Murphy swings at all those bad ball that has made him famous for? I hope that he can do the samething this afternoon.I believe Jerry Manuel should be replaced.
Joseph M Delfino

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jul 9, 2009
nostephanfan wrote:
Los Mets....countdown to the Sept. collapse.
.....a season in turmoil.....Wilma eats a cookie......
As Mayor of White Plains, I am begging, pleading and urging you to stop all your nonsensical posts....you are giving our fine town a bad name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Murphy is spot on regrading the "Gay Lif... Mar 6 BayAreaVoice 1
News The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
News David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
News Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
More from around the web