Pelfrey adequate, Mets top Nats 8-2

Full story: Newsday

The sun and warmth in Queens on Saturday allowed you to see the possibilities of what a day of baseball at Citi Field could be like at its best.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2009
THE LOWELY METS

Cary, NC

#1 Apr 25, 2009
The beat the Nationals, yawn.
No high school teams around for them to play?
Rich Yacenda

AOL

#2 Apr 25, 2009
Bre ak up the Mets.We still don't have the fire but the effort was better. Manuel is like a corporate guy doesn'y know shit what's happening. I almosy said almost want Willie back La russa,Bobby Cox. Bobby Valentine, the best game managers.Manuel is a bench coach at best.THe rest are bloated guys who get their buddies coaching job. Forgot Larry Bowa.Torre too
Jay

Makawao, HI

#3 Apr 25, 2009
"Murphy did mistime two other slides on balls he had no chance to catch, but to little consequence. In this case, 1-for-3 was good enough". Yeah, maybe in little league but this is the pro's. Tatis needs to start in LF.

Need more clutch hitting with runner's on base. Overall, it's a win!
jimsha

Bronx, NY

#4 Apr 25, 2009
Jay wrote:
"Murphy did mistime two other slides on balls he had no chance to catch, but to little consequence. In this case, 1-for-3 was good enough". Yeah, maybe in little league but this is the pro's. Tatis needs to start in LF.
Need more clutch hitting with runner's on base. Overall, it's a win!
Yeah it's a win but my word is there a worse team in baseball than these Nats. So far one of the worse teams to come along in a long time, so lets not get to excited just yet.
Larry

East Setauket, NY

#5 Apr 25, 2009
Thank you Newsday! Let's read anything but the story
about the Parente family. Why so much hype?
It's sad, but really, you're reporting is way over down.
kat

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Apr 25, 2009
THE LOWELY METS wrote:
The beat the Nationals, yawn.
No high school teams around for them to play?
. Yea Jag-off they are part of the scedule, would you be happy if they lost, BTW the 1st place Marlins beat them 6 straight.
Scott Brunner

Schwenksville, PA

#7 Apr 25, 2009
Now lets see if the Mets can improve on their ZERO in wins in the last games of series this year.
THE LOWELY METS

Cary, NC

#8 Apr 25, 2009
Kat---you want to jag me off?
kat wrote:
<quoted text>. Yea Jag-off they are part of the scedule, would you be happy if they lost, BTW the 1st place Marlins beat them 6 straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Davis Dilemma: Deal Him or Deal with Him? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sammy 1
David Wright Injury: Updates on Mets 3B's Hamst... (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Gee, strange play send Mets over Nationals 5-1 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tom2Tone 1
Daniel Murphy is New York Mets' Most Overrated ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 XFlushing Fan 1
Mets Notes from the First Official Day of Sprin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mets Fan Forever 1
Injury costs Murphy two to six weeks (Apr '10) Sep '12 Pearl L 2
2013 Trade Candidate: Daniel Murphy (Sep '12) Sep '12 XFlushing Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Daniel Murphy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••