Corky Miller hopes to secure backup c...

Corky Miller hopes to secure backup catcher job with White Sox

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Corky Miller hopes to secure backup catcher job with White Sox. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Corky Miller turned in one of the legendary performances in Arizona Fall League history eight years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Robert LeGear

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Get real. This guy had the job after the first week of spring. I saw him make 2 perfect pegs to second base to get runners(1 was erroneously called safe) . We haven`t seen 2 good throws around here since Karkovice. He does not hit for average but has good pop when he does hit. A major upgrade over that clown with the shaving cream.
emosig

Lafayette, IN

#2 Mar 24, 2009
I understand his role, but if A.J. is going to play most games when will the Sox utilize Miller's defensive abilities to throw out runners?
Unless, with late inning leads they insert him for his defense.
Robert LeGear

Palos Hills, IL

#3 Mar 24, 2009
emosig wrote:
I understand his role, but if A.J. is going to play most games when will the Sox utilize Miller's defensive abilities to throw out runners?
Unless, with late inning leads they insert him for his defense.
Buerhle and Danks do a good job of holding guys on by themselves so i would like to see Miller work his 30-40 games on days when Contreras or Floyd are pitching. I like the idea of late inning defensive catcher but that went out with the 3rd string catcher which went out with the advent of a 12 man pitching staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corky Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reds ink Wang, nine others to minor league deals (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joe 1
News Chicago White Sox try to rest catcher A.J. Pier... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 3
News Chris Getz to bat 2nd for Chicago White Sox (Apr '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 24
News Sox figuring Colon for rotation (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tom 5
News White Sox recap (Mar '09) Mar '09 hmm 1
News Ozzie sizes up his roster (Mar '09) Mar '09 Robert LeGear 34
News Chicago White Sox recap (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 8
More from around the web